Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby PiF » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 am

Michael I know you still read here :P ya rude bugger

any news on aven becomming a npo? This has been promised it would happen for quite a few years now and every year it's promised....nothing happens

I ask because yesterday the sql's (snowflake quota levels) once again took down aven, due to real life, it took some time for the team to activate the back up board leaving all those who use it, with no were to go...they won't come here because it's too grown up and snowflakes face short thrift :D

also on the npo...currently cole is largely the only tech and I suspect it has stayed that way since the Doppel episode but it does show currently technically what aven is offering, is falling well short. This needs to be resolved and possibly given the team is so big now, do you not have anyone within the team who is tech savvie and can help?

With the mentoring programme...that still exists right? then surely cole could have mentored some of the more tech savvy admods/pt ?

I can't see the npo happening myself..it will be used largely as an expenses tax avoidance benefit for the few...contributions also...most of aven still live with their parents and/or are still financially dependent on their parents...so a sudden payment on a statement showing up as asexuality.org may cause some issues at home...on this case what ever you register the npo as it would be better to use like a parent company name rather than a direct link to asexuality

I'm still not expecting an npo will happen, they will ever have more than one tech, the site will always keep going down and everyone will keep having an excuse for it

Happy to be wrong though if they ever do

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:02 am

Singing Apositives praise here..thankfully due to our more open minded ways..we understand particularly around asexual/sexual relationships

and do not have arsehole responses shown to some one asking like this http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1369 ... e-asexual/

why are so many pretend asexuals so angry against sexuals within a relationship?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 am

Also to help those with the sql's (snowflake quoto levels) and constant no response from the tech

The last time the team asked for help was back in 2012....... http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/7147 ... ?hl=doppel

since then I do not recollect them ever again asking for tech assist in the forum despite there being a clear need

but in this thread http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1369 ... ven-techs/ aven does as it always does when they pontificate the f*ck outa things....they have missed the bleeding obvious to hide the question which was asked by oval and still remains largely unanswered

oval
Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:28 PM
It would be nice if someone who actually knows what is going on could simply describe:

1.) What is the problem.

2.) What is the solution.

3.) What is the obstacle to accomplishing the solution.

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:02 am

1.) What is the problem.
We don't know. That answer lies with people who have Webmaster capabilities (not even Admins) and can directly communicate with service providers or impact the code of the forums.

2.) What is the solution.

Again, no clue. Not many on the Admods are highly skilled with domain/ hosting issues. We also can't properly diagnose the issue due to a lack of tools (see above)

3.) What is the obstacle to accomplishing the solution.
Getting said tools - which we are attempting to do.

I came across a quote yesterday that really corresponds with my moral code. I will be repeating it frequently from now on.

"If a person loses honor(credibility) by admitting fault, they never had any in the first place."

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:44 am

I'm also am reminded of a quote but from Mark Twain

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt :lol:

on the issue though I can help....The sql's (Snowflake Quota level's)...these have been happening as long as I have been in and out of Aven but the last 3 or 4 years have seen them rise dramatically. The biggest issue to resolution remains the same and it must be as frustrating for the backroom as it is for the front room...the biggest issue to resolving this

....That answer lies with people who have Webmaster capabilities (not even Admins) and can directly communicate with service providers or impact the code of the forums.

cole and dj communicating with the team is not seen as a standard that would be a positive benchmark to reccomend others so often the team are as much in the dark as the members

The mentoring of the team..since the doppel fall out in 2012...dj and cole have been reluctant to mentor, train anyone else...some of the longer in post admins, have limited skills but they do not want to share or teach others in the team and they act like Gollum.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

Getting the tools largely ties in with the above..if the webmasters are hardly around and communicate to the team poorly...the site has gone beyond it's existing server...what few of the team do have some tools, don't like to share with their team mates and several years later after the problems started, none of the promises have ever happened......don't expect change anytime soon

Until then...some of the team need to remember ..although there is an e and m in team, it doesn't mean me......I am sure when the team becomes more of a team rather than a few unbudging crabby folk on a dark corner..then many of the issues the team face will be easy to resolve and should take some of the unecessary stress away from all of them.

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:06 am

Well since we're discussing Team quotes - here's mine:

"There is no I in Team, because I don't need a Team"

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Quite like the quotes about you from the Declass threads. xD
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:16 pm

If you mean me, I can't see them since they put the walls up and archive was one of them "keep the muggles out"

I requested 3

two I've seen,,,the full time asexual one and the poo poo pants one that got me a warning...but the appeal to the perma ban one i've been told at the momment it is not possible due to some reason around the back up board?

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:55 am

FINALLY ITS DONE! My project is now in motion!

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1372 ... ough-aven/

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Congratulations, Steph.

:D
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Now I can get APos again, AVEN is down. :(
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

faeriefate

Postby faeriefate » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Last edited by faeriefate on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:37 am

Catching up with things

Apparently my appeal thread is in archives, the admods said they cannot send it too me due to issues on the back up board...I can't see it as they have put up the walls to stop muggles looking into aven so I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to see it?..perhaps that was the intent?

steph I like what you've done ..the only issue I've ever had with researchers is that many come asking but very few report back

faer..I think after the doppel event..they have deliberatly not involved others within the tech side of things despite the announcement about spam able mods...to be honest..i can't see that changing anytime soon

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:23 pm

PiF wrote:steph I like what you've done ..the only issue I've ever had with researchers is that many come asking but very few report back

That was an issue with ourselves too because we would only find the end result through our own searching. I've made a documenting system with the Study name, researcher, organization/institution and associated email address so that we can keep better track of them and follow up on the progress at a later date. Hopefully we can add to our database overtime

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:05 am

Great work Steph. Admods loss has been very much PT's gain :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 am

I wonder if a firm but friendly "hey you want something from us, we want something back too, at the beginning of the research request?

Agree with Tan, Steph it's good to see a visible PT team

Not pushing....much :D ...it's nearly 5 months since the 2015 census closed, do we have any updates?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:10 am

This dragged on far too long but today I think I can bring this to it's conclusion..sometime ago I asked for 3 threads to be released under aven declass..2 were...thank you but the last..the appeal..I was told could not be as there was a problem with the back up board aven???

despite requests for clarification..no reply came so today I gave myself access to what was promised and the last email I expect to send to aven's admods for quite some time has now been sent..Thankfully for me anyway, brining things to a close.

The email i sent.....

Last email from me, I won't say ever but probably for a long time

I'd like to clarify a few things if I may

you have 14 mods and 5 admins yet the vote on my appeal saw only 12 bother to vote and the perma ban/appeal decided by 6 people voting no and 4 voting yes whilst 2 abstained...19 of you could and should have voted yes no or abstain. what is the point of having a team vote if a large chunk of the team do not even do so?

qute & Tea you said this...Q-What is the possibility that he's making this up? ....T- Pretty high,

Maybe you have forgotten it has been me being to open and honest that has offended the snowflakes and some of you who are more insecure and full of hate

I recieved that email and afterwards, noticed 2 L's in asexuallity.org I had no reason to lie or make it up nor did I..I did not misspell it either..unusually for me

I will now go through a few things just to clarify if I may

Arch you said...I deliberately didn't bring up that his warning was expiring on the 23rd so it wouldn't affect the decision here.

The relevance here is the 23rd ... the very next day, I would have been not able to be banned ....so arch, apart from witholding relevant information would could be seen as deliberatly witholding relevant information, you thought your colleagues were not worthy of that quite relevant fact...it will not have escaped a number of those however who sought to remove me..they absolutely knew I was 1 day away from being in the clear...you cannot get a clearer example of a targetted attack

Kelly you said....One can say, "You keep screwing up and and insulting people and making a lot of people angry, and keep getting warned and banned, but I will support you because you are my friend."

What you fail to recognise because of your hatred Kelly is that unlike you, whilst I had some people wishing to show a different view to yours...they still maintained their integrity and voted in the right way...rather than the way you and arch did...you voted with poison instead of integrity..it is you Kelly who should have your motives challenged and not theirs..your intimidation of others within the team is well known when you go after someone....those team mates you accused..had nothing to be accused of..you on the other hand and arch...show why both of you have lost the independence the role requires and why you should both step down.

And Kelly..me having different opinions is not the same as a drunk driver killing people...you silly arse

Ithica...now you have largely left and like most mods when you leave the backroom you tend to leave aven completely
...you said this I think we can expect socks sooner or later? The message didn't add that he's a banned member but still bound by rules like no socks. This was dated 1st september 2014..and until today..none had been created..none..I will explain why this ONE account was created at the end if I may

I would also add..whilst you parade the banned members list like scalps and highlight my name on it with claimed socks before 2014 I would like to point out...Kelly isn't that great at ip tracking and many mistakes have been made and 2 ..some of you back there will have known..that where I lost contact with some in aven...I joined, sent a message, made contact with a member..then declared that account immediately for it to be banned...and you know that is the truth

Kelly again..seeing a pattern anyone? It is unfortunate that he jumped at the assumption that he is being persecuted by the evil admod team
not the entire team no, some of the team yes and declass has shown to prove my point, some in the team bring the team down and it's time the good ones didn't have this anymore

Arch again...yeah that pattern of those two keeps happening doesn't it, you said..... He's accused us of giving him warning to stop him from running in mod elections before and it was untrue then. Just a coincidence.

You may not recognise something called the truth so let me help you

I ran twice..the first time I ran, suddenly from not using the site for ages Iamfishflipflop appeared ....to run against me in the very same election halfway through...i had a few days later, recieved a notification from work that I was needed elsewhere and as work paid my bills I had to withdraw as my work at the time involved no internet...1 day after i withdrew...so did fish...never to be seen again...it's worth pointing out fish was an ex mod

The second time I ran..let me referesh some memories...we entered our names, entered our bios..some may remember mine...it was something like...if you are after a friend, do not vote for me, if you're after a cuddle buddy, do not vote for me, if your after a there there life will get better, don't vote for me...if however you want someone to be your mod who will judge you fairly, impartially and with direct honesty when needed but also keep this forum section moving...then you should vote for me..remember it now?

when the intro had finished and we moved into the second stage..the voting section......I went to bed that evening and all was running okay..when i woke up I was told I had been awarded a warning so was not able to run and my name had been withdrawn..which puzzled me as at no time had any of the team mentioned a possible warning during the previous 7 days q&a...My own feeling is..on the first day of voting my vote was enough to worry the team and something was created to ensure I would be removed

So you see arch..again..I wasn't lying and yes you absolutely did what you did..a point worth noting I feel..who is the same person controlling elections then as they do now? and lets be honest arch, you tea and kelly do have a history of attempting to manipulate the elections by going after members you do not like in favour of members you do

and arch when you said this..Someone from the UK might have to correct me, but I read his "Kiss my bellend" as equivalent to "suck my cock" which is very much crude and offensive. Maybe it's not as offensive as that (again, I don't know), but still talking about getting oral sex in a thread about regular kissing isn't really appropriate

It might help when you vote to know what something means..it helps with an informed view to be accurate..my words are clear..i never said regular kissing..kiss my bellend is like saying kiss my arse.....so next time you vote on something you have got wrong, this might be a 101 learning curve for you...mistakes such as yours see's members banned simply because you were wrong...a point to consider

Lastly..yes it is coming to a close

All of Aven were told that members can request their own declass's should they feel a just cause...I used your rules and asked for 3 with the last being my appeal thread...two were kindly provided where you banned me for saying poo poo pants

but the third..I have emails from you do not forget...you saying it was unable to be recovered due to difficulties in the back up board...the back up board excuse was a crock as it is rarely in use for more than 24 hours and my appeal thread showed this was being discussed over several weeks between aug 4th -sept 28..at what point is the backup board anything to do with it? it wasn't

You lied

As I was promised by the team I could have access to that thread...they then said it could not be recovered...then they put up the walls to keep muggles out..and miracously hey presto...my appeals thread appeared to now be recoverable..imagine that..how amazing is that..the wonders of selective modern science

So you do not start witch hunting members or your own team......let's be honest..you do have previous for this.....no member of the team or aven have copy and pasted aven stuff to me so how did I see the declass thread of my appeal..the one that was promised to me?

I did today create an account to see what I was promised would be avaliable to me...I have now seen it and you can now close that account as I have no further use for it. no posts, messages were made with this account and no other member knew of it's existence... Given I had an assurance I would see this, I felt this once, I had a right to see what was promised by the team.

For me that pretty much brings to a close..I think I have shown some of the backroom should no longer be there...that others in the backroom..as shown in the votes...rarely take part in aven anymore despite being voted in to make things better..and time if ever it was more needed than now..for the 2 year re-election for backroom members to be across the board and not just the ones who are decent

That's pretty much it but I will leave you with this...for the decent admods back there..and there are a few.....You know I am the most vocal..but I am not the only one unhappy about what is going on back there..change can only come from within...and if you abidicate from making that change..then you are as bad as those who abuse their position..you can make that change, it will make aven a fairer and more positive place to be...do it

Cheers

PiF

O just for the team..the account created to access aven was made today and was Daisy88..you will see no messages, posts or communications were made from it and you can now close it I am sure...had you been honest enough to post the third thread with access to the person concerened rather than tell lies about it being unrecoverable..this account would never have been needed

Toodlepip.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:29 am

I don't want to kiss your bellend, Pif. Having you on my boobs is more than enough.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:30 am

It was an appeal!!!!. There was no reason why it should not have waited until the board was up. Although reports have Limitation of Liability, it would have been quite easy for them to send a holding reply to you and say they'd discuss it when AVEN was back up. It's no secret that certain members are targeted by certain admods. This is proof (if any were needed)

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am

PiF wrote:
Not pushing....much :D ...it's nearly 5 months since the 2015 census closed, do we have any updates?

The Project Team have been employing Herzberg's K.I.T.A methodologies. The survey Team is working :D Ask Aqua for the complete details.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 am

How...through telekinesis? :lol: :lol:

Although when it comes to the 2015 census..how the team works and whether we will ever see it.....is more like Schrödinger's cat :D

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:01 am

PiF wrote:This dragged on far too long but today I think I can bring this to it's conclusion..sometime ago I asked for 3 threads to be released under aven declass..2 were...thank you but the last..the appeal..I was told could not be as there was a problem with the back up board aven???

despite requests for clarification..no reply came so today I gave myself access to what was promised and the last email I expect to send to aven's admods for quite some time has now been sent..Thankfully for me anyway, brining things to a close.

The email i sent.....

<. . . snip . . . >

O just for the team..the account created to access aven was made today and was Daisy88..you will see no messages, posts or communications were made from it and you can now close it I am sure...had you been honest enough to post the third thread with access to the person concerened rather than tell lies about it being unrecoverable..this account would never have been needed

Toodlepip.

It's a sad day when it's finally proven beyond a reasonable doubt that AVEN has sunk so low, but, to be honest, it doesn't surprise me. For some reason, trying to TRULY understand the views of different people has fallen out of favor in the 21st century.

I don't think AVEN's admod team are capable of seeing the enormity of the irony that is staring them in the face.
Many of AVEN's members, including those in the admod team, feel that it's very important for the rights of minorities to be protected. Of course, they tend to focus exclusively on gender and sexuality issues, and that allows them to overlook the fact that humans have a wide variety of personality types and communication styles, some of them smooth and ordinary, some of them prickly and uncommon.
As soon as they come up against a personality type or communication style that they don't like, all pretext of fairness and tolerance goes flying out the window.

PiF, you know it, and I know it: It's not WHAT you say; it's how you say it.

The method of delivery shouldn't matter, but sometimes it does. Your communication style is what is known as a confrontational one; it's pretty rare because it makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable and/or threatened when they encounter it, and many, if not most, of the young people who try out this style abandon it in favor of something else that gets them better results.
In this one area it's possible that I have more knowledge and experience than any of AVEN's current admod team, because I chose to investigate the various communication styles that people use many years ago. (I was in a management position at the time and I thought it might be important.) That knowledge didn't help me very much back then, but it has served me well in the decades since, if for no other reason than this: It has allowed me to discern the difference between a person who is genuinely malicious and one who only uses the confrontational style of communication in order to prod people into dropping subtlety and instead being open, honest and blunt.

I wish I had a helpful suggestion to offer, but I don't. I don't think it's possible for an adult to change their style of communication, and I don't think it's possible for those who feel threatened by it to NOT feel threatened.
When neither side is willing (or able) to make allowances for the other side, it becomes a matter of majority rule, and those who use the confrontational style are a small minority.

For what it's worth, you aren't the first person who has been forced out of AVEN for having an unpopular style of communication. I no longer remember their name, but I know of another person who was banned for the same thing when I was a mod.
I tried to defend them, but I was outvoted.

AVEN is most assuredly NOT a "Safe Place" for asexuals who can't or won't speak the approved lingo, even if they are absolutely genuine and perfectly well-intentioned.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:51 am

Some have been aware of the situation for a while Nancy. The reason I quit was because of the way they treated another individual - now their way of saying things was anything BUT confrontational and when my resignation thread is finally declassified people will be able to make up their own mminds and members will be able to see some admods for the people they really are.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon May 09, 2016 8:00 am

So, the multiple member polls that asked for a timed limit on admods roles in regards to how long....still ignored

2015 census...closed in November.....still not being made avaliable to anyone let alone those who took part

No tech assist since 2012....because those who can..do not trust their members despite the site often going down

Promises of aven officially becoming an npo...and still is not

and Michaels big announcement "in a few weeks" still nothing after a month

Trends are noticeable aren't they

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Mon May 09, 2016 10:24 am

Think I remember Cosine saying that AVEN had become an NPO. Steph has explained the difficulties with the census.
As for fixed admod terms - never going to happen, it's against their interests

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Mon May 09, 2016 11:13 am

Tanwen wrote:Think I remember Cosine saying that AVEN had become an NPO. Steph has explained the difficulties with the census.
As for fixed admod terms - never going to happen, it's against their interests

Well, thank you/ likes are gone but thank you very much for stating this Tan. We're trying.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon May 09, 2016 12:06 pm

I know on this post a npo was mentioned and coles said she was going to write a longer reply as she understood the frustration (Post 25)...But nothing at all since her post on 10th March http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1351 ... intenance/

I know on this post Michael said there would be an announcement (post 49) in a few weeks....that was on the 11th April...still nothing
http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1369 ... ven-techs/

in that same thread which was started and entitled "Attention aven techs" on the 11th of april, no tech replied and again no one was able to explain why they have not advertised since 2012 for any tech assist to cole

I believe Tea saying something like it has but was unable to clarify..if it had, then it would be able to crowd fund and create more space and tech but again....if it is an npo..no one wants to come forward to confirm it..what it means..and how it will improve aven when clearly on the tech side alone, much improvement is needed...when it comes to avens backroom it's a bit like those kids at school..we know a secret but we are not telling

Steph did explain they tried a new method to analyze the results even though the 2014 way of doing it worked fine...but I did also point out that they would have the base data still there so why not simply run it on the 2014 method instead of the 2015 way that screwed up....steph confirmed they still had the 2015 census data and "they were trying"..that was a month ago...in this technological age..it does not take 6 months to give the results of a forum online census..not one this small

I agree on the 2 year tan...the two year would promote honesty and identification of the good and bad mods which would see some of the longer standing mods voted out...that is why they will never let it in...it's a bit like those peace marches in the 60's...the establishment will move heaven and earth to protect their own little club and way of life rather than establish fairness for all

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Tue May 10, 2016 1:57 am

The PT have proved the 2 year tenure works and works well. I think most (if not all) PT mods were successful when they came up for re-election; members had the chance to say 'Yep, you're doing fine - carry on with more of the same' :D

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon May 16, 2016 9:00 am

And this ladies and gentlemen, is how they silence their own rather than admit the shit ones have control http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/7979 ... cy-policy/

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 am

So much simpler in my day 'What happens in admods stays in admods until declassified'. Whatever happened to the KISS Principle??? :D