Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
Tanwen
Mega Member

Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:00 am

I have to be very careful here because Michael will report it back to admods if I even hint at a breach (he may report it anyway)...I'm not logged into AVEN (fortunately) but I looked at the topics page and saw they're having elections (to be expected). Musings and Rantings has (hey presto) suddenly become a co-mod position!!! I can't say why this makes me so mad but for the sake of my blood pressure, I'm deleting all links to AVEN. :angrymob:
They forgot to delete me from one of their admod Skype groups, so I've asked (politely) if they would do so...haven't peeked (before you ask PiF ;) ) and it may be there wasn't anything to see anyway. I still have a sense of honour ]}:(
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:59 am

Discovered they forgot to remove me from all the Skype groups...but sorted now. :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 am

They do monitor this site more than even the old days of avalanche haha

I'm sorry they have again been a pain in the arse Tan, you gave so much to that community

I saw the elections vacancy threads...they still refuse to acknowledge the person leaving with a thank you so the community can say thank you also...reminds me of watching american chopper once where there best people were leaving and the owners attitude was...people leave all the time, your leaving is no loss...they then couldn't understand the anger about some leaving but more the way they reflected on it.

Avens backroom mostly..is the perfect bussiness model on how not to sell a product and how not to treat your staff

As too peaking Tan...you should know by now I don't ask current/ ex mods about the backroom.... I value their friendship too much...even those who sought my help perhaps with ex partners on aven and turned on me when it suited.......I chalk it upto life as i normally wear big boy pants

Anyway..for me TAN...Thank you what you did at Aven...it is a shame to loose a person with age, maturity, life experience and ability to listen to different views...aven is far too short on those.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:07 am

I know you wouldn't PiF. It's something I tried hard to point out to the other admods...that in spite of the fact you are an opinionated pain in the arse; you have many, far more admirable qualities :)
I didn't read because I had no desire to read if they were tearing me to pieces; very egotistical of course they've undoubtedly moved on to bigger and better things. I don't know why I'm being so careful; what can they do to me? Ban me too??? :yawn:

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:55 pm

I haven't set foot over there in ages (except when following a link that was posted here) but as far as I know my account is still in good standing.

Ya want I should poke around some? :mrgreen:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:04 am

Of course I am an opiniated pain in the arse, People who speak the truth always are :lol: ...what worries them is not what I say, but what I say they know to be truthfull and for many they see what I see and they have the wish for correct visibility but the clowns that run aven in our name... are unable to bring it back...or they have a lack of honesty in saying it may have asexual in the title but we are taking it in another direction...On that basis, a truthfull pain in the arse I am happy to be not matter what the cost to me personally is.

I didn't see in public them disrespecting you...you should know they save that for the privacy of the backroom :lol: ...that said however...I don't think you will have many doing it in your case...difference of opinion maybe but very few will be that rude. You know not all in that backroom are arseoles as do I.... although collectively as a management team...even isis are more pr savy than avens backroom

Tan, I've known you long enough and always know when you two fall out..the first couple of weeks are your worst...don't say too much ..in public anyway :lol: and see how things pan out.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 am

You're right, they wouldn't in public. And as long as I never know I guess it isn't going to hurt :) Declassification will take a while and all I hope is that if my resignation thread is declass; people will understand and not judge me too harshly.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:20 am

Checking the declassifications...they seem to have stopped in 2013

last direct member one was about doppel facing penalties in march 2013...then discussing arca running for pt in march 2013 also but the very last declassified seems to be when the backroom started to control the elections of members more than the members vote and that was in june 2013.

My own feeling is that they want these dropped and have done so..... they know how they run things would be unacceptable to members if members could see just how much is not tos appropriate but more backroom "we know better than you".... causing many things to be contrived than correct...but hey ho...always a good benchmark though...when an organisation hides what it does and how it does it.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 am

To be fair, PiF, they've been pretty busy and declassification is a laborious task

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I have said in the past Tan that declassifications are a waste of time when posted for posted's sake

Where I do feel they are necessary is when they are requested by the individual concerened directly and in those cases they should be declassified to show that member and other members... we operate a correct and well thought out process

some may say what's the point it just stirs things up again..however this largely depends on two things

Firstly...how long they take to declassify and in this case I would suggest that all requested declassified threads should be posted within 14 days of the request and the request can only come from the individual concerned..if they don't ask for it within 14 days then the ability to asks folds

secondly...whilst some may disagree even after seeing the declassified situation ..if done right then there can be no contention and it will show when done right...the decision made stands fast and true to scrutiny

I don't think they will behave in this professional manner to be honest for two reasons....one...it will show how many bannings/decisions have been done based on personal preferences/dislikes rather than actual breaking of the rules and two..they have become so pig headed that in their minds they genuinely feel that the members are beneath them and they do not have to answer to anyone.

They can be professional, consistent and representitives of the members but at the moment and for the foreseeable future I doubt they will allow it...again even despite the fact they have carried out non tos consequences to myself...I would still be willing to help them gain that professional ability. I think the members deserve to see what goes on behind the scenes in their name on occasion.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:18 pm

I can only suggest you pm the admods but you've probably already done that. :(

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I've kinda given up on Aven ever being professional anymore and doubt they will ever return to being an asexual forum let alone a properly run one.

After having one of the team hack my account (which I am convinced was the case) I thought ..(this will make sense to Brits)... It's a bit like asking a Jeremy kyle guest to have standards

That's why I kinda admire what Nancy and Kæth do here..they are what Aven started out to be..a place for asexuals..helping asexuals and their families...and seeing the positive we can offer

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:18 pm

As it was in the early days - before the days of rules and reports :(

Ahhh - Jezza - love Jezza, makes me feel much better about my life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 am

It's a bit like one of those situations when you know you're going to be 'grossed out' by the sight but can't help looking anyway...but the 'quality' of the candidates for 'Oldies' is underwhelming. Poor 'Olds' :(

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 am

So, it's a friend's (an ex mod) birthday and I decided to break my exile to wish them a good day. So far a mod and ex admin have commented and to me it would have been much better if they hadn't bothered (I don't care if michael repprts back). If I had any doubts at all about quitting, they've been well and truly silenced. This is a much friendlier place :D

They've been updated...oh my, wish I'd have thought to copy the originals!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:01 am

Tanwen wrote:It's a bit like one of those situations when you know you're going to be 'grossed out' by the sight but can't help looking anyway...but the 'quality' of the candidates for 'Oldies' is underwhelming. Poor 'Olds' :(

I did look and oh my, One candidate and they seem to be a "whatever" type of candidate not even knowing what they are running for ..I doubt they will last the election before they give up let alone get to the mod position. I had said for ages aven is isolating older and long term asexuals and this response to the vacant post kinda supports what I've said. Again aven seems to support asexuality is just something kids do. The older section deserves better, Had I still been there and qualified I would have run...it least one part deserves some goodness and variety.

As to those ex ones Tan, in the scheme of things the internet is probably the only life they have so I wouldn't worry.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 am

I had hoped that one of the oldies (or at least more mature younger member) would stand - Olds does deserve MUCH better...good grief they admit they don't know what a mod does!!!!! As for the question about the way the forum is set up - it's the way the members wanted it - and you don't 'progress' from one thead to another as you get older. :sigh:

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Let's give credit where credit is due!
If you ever need a perfect example of what happens when an organization has no leader and is instead run ENTIRELY by committee, AVEN is absolutely perfect.

Apositive is a dictatorship. Hopefully it's a benevolent dictatorship, but nonetheless .... there will be no voting in the foreseeable future. Suggestions are fine, and may very well be put into effect if they seem reasonable, but demands will be laughed at.

Now, KNEEL!!
*cracks whip*

*whip promptly wraps around legs*
*teetering ensues*

*impact with floor in 3 .. 2 ... 1 .. *

Help

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 am

So very much like the lunatics have taken over the asylum?...and will someone please tell amcam just how out of touch they are with real asexuals...he still has a signature link for the asylym asexual forum but that folded years ago.

This is why Apositive I feel has the chance to see where aven have screwed up, and grow more in proportion to what actually asexuality is and not into what it has become. There are some good things and some good people in aven however as a representative body it has failed and whilst they quote we must enforce the tos as we genuinely believe it...they ignore the very belief they know they have in that as for it's origin..a safe place for asexuals....it now must rank as one of the least safest places for long term asexuals on the net. A hard pill to swallow, I just wish more of them had the gumption not to lie to your face then know the truth behind closed doors.

I see on the older thread some skullduggery has gone on..my understanding is that if you wish to run you have always declared your interest in the forum, then submitted a bio to Kelly then that bio from the candidates is declared for members to ask questions on to the prospectives....

Look at the thread http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/1134 ... -campaign/

I can see only one candidate having declared an interest (even though they are not sure what they are applying for) and that same candidate has submitted a bio....now...look at Kellys 1st post...it shows two candidates, but the second candidate (Hayley_me) has not publicly shown an any interest to run neither have they submitted and had a bio shown to the members ...it would appear that indeed established rules when broken and by an admin no less are okay to break when it suits purpose and applying them depending on the person

And they still believe they run a fair and consistent ship....honestly pulling up how badly aven is run as a pleasure palace for some instead of a forum for asexuals .....is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I agree with you Tan, I had hoped an older member would have run but I suppose once you get out of the phase part of asexuality, you then have a life to live in the real world so the internet isn't an everyday thing when you pay your own bills? It does deserve better but I suspect it is part of some in the backrooms strategy to run the olders forum down then make it something less.... as most of the people who have life skills and experience are also the ones that are a pain in the arse to some insecure members of the team.

In lay terms in order to keep visibility alive they need a revolving door of fresh uninformed young things who they feel would promote the message of Asexuality even though the message it projects it is the wrong one and the olders need to go away as telling the truth is harming their la la land incorrect version. It might explain the lack of older asexuals, asexuals who are parents, asexual Christians etc...there does seem to be a backroom supported..by actions...cleansing of those of certain age and experience groups.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 am

*Opens door for paramedics and shuts it as they leave with Nancy on a stretche*

OK the forum is OURS now - we can run riot :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haley did say she (?) was interested but in both nominations threads and you're only allowed to stand in one at a time. Bios are mandatory so if they haven't submitted one and aren't answering any of the Q&A then they've ruled themselves ineligible but we will see. I wonder if one of the questions was 'aimed' at me...the one that says (roughly) if there's a confilct between the 'rules' and what you believe to be right what would your response be??? Although it depends on how the rules are interpreted :p

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 am

I don't think it's at you Tan, but more now they can bar peole from running even if they have no warnings at all...they are trying to sound out if future candidates are yes men...or people with intelligence, commitment and integrity...the later they do not like.

As to taking over Apositive yayyyy :lol: ...I think our strength is apos offers a genuine place for genuine asexuals ...something that just isn't out there at the momment

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:26 pm

I would mention all these things in the election threads but I would probably be banned. I honestly have no idea how I've managed to hit 1 warning point some of my posts have been borderline offensive.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 pm

I quit on a matter of principle - actually it was far beyond mere principle. I should have done it months ago but I'd invested so much of my time (and myself) in it that I couldn't walk away until now. The last incident finished me.

Take care not to get yourself banned again Ciri, at least try to keep it your option whether or not you post there.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 am

Something in the older mod vacancy thread and it is just my interpretation

you only have two candidates..one didn't know what the tos meant, wasn't aware it was a co mod position and the other contender doesn't even know if they have the time to actually mod

Now.....something else that stands out for me ...there are only a few members asking the candidates any questions and two of them are recent ex backroom?...... but also look at the current mod/admin interaction......I'm not sure if they are as disappointed in the candidates as some others are or wether they are just ganging up on the candidates in the hope they drop out...they do seem to be grrrrr aggressive .... rather than hi what are you all about...a very odd way to run an election...but they rarely do things in the best way..but very odd indeed.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 am

It does seem odd. Not only did one candidate not know what moderating involved but when I provided the link, they just said they'd look at it if they got stuck. The other is somewhat brief in their responses.
This could be a time for the 'Neither of the Above' option to be exercised...but what if people did and that option had the required number of votes - what then? Would there be any point in holding another election. A strange time indeed.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:52 am

My worry is..that the older section is one of the few places asexuality makes sense and is the last bastion of ..see it isn't just for kids

Now either they are trying to run it down to close it up...or...they genuinely know the candidates are not best suited for that forum but will appoint some one rather than just say hey...we are going to cover this vacancy ourselves till we can stir up a bit more enthusiasm...I would rather they did this

The question they should be asking...what is it over the last few years that has meant those wishing to volunteer has drastically reduced and the quality of those running has been so poor...and what part has the backroom played in that poor take up and candidacy?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:02 am

Oldies was a dream to mod - people could have discussions without resorting to name callling, they're (mostly) polite to each other and care about one another. I said it a couple of times that the forum reminded me of how AVEN was when I first found it. I have to admit I'm concerned that neither candidate has spent any time in there and hasn't a clue how the forum runs. Voting starts tomorrow...we'll soon know.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:48 pm

I don't need a stretcher! I'm already about 5'7" and that's enough to serve my needs.

If I need to reach something that's higher than about 7', I'll use my hovering upgrade!

You'll never catch me! Everybody knows that dragons are fast flyers but they can't turn on a dime, and they CERTAINLY can't hover!
Besides, I'm completely fireproof - just look at my avatar!

I'm FLAMIN' A, baby!

:D :D :D

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 pm

You could give me a couple of inches and never miss them but I'd feel a lot better (I'm only 5' 1" but you know what they say about good goods come in small packages :D ) Dragons have superheated breath - I could singe a few tail feathers ;) and I've been praticing my turns...I'm better than the average dragon :lol: :lol: :lol:

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:20 am

okay..in the space of two posts I'm completely lost..nothing new there then