Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
Spectre De Occulus

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Spectre De Occulus » 27 Jun 2016, 11:00

I have noticed a backlash against it though the past few days. It gives me hope.
All Seeing Eye

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 27 Jun 2016, 23:38

My God! Finally, a criticism of AVEN (or some AVEN members) posted here I agree with! (And I have plenty of criticisms.) One for the history books...

The polls as of a year ago indicated that the silent majority don't agree with a desire based definition though - or those of the "if you enjoy sex you can't be asexual" view. Those who agree with the latter tend to be louder, but many members just don't debate it, considering it a settled issue. OTOH as we've just seen in the UK, relying on a silent majority can be a dangerous thing, with disastrous consequences in our case.

AVEN's definition of asexuality remains lack of sexual attraction, though members are welcome to use their own definition; there's no party-line enforcement of the definition of asexuality, so there will always be people on the site with other ideas. On the matter of elitists, I think apos has had its fair share of them as well...

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 28 Jun 2016, 07:14

I absolutely agree that Apos has had a number of elitists posting at various times. It comes with the territory since I choose to allow those with unpopular views to post what they want to without fear of reprisal.
Still, without censoring the content of their posts, I have tried to pop in and oppose them often enough to let people know that, while such comments are allowed, they do NOT represent the official view of the site.

*fingers crossed that I've been successful in that endeavor*
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Thom

Postby Thom » 26 Jul 2016, 12:31

I am an AVEN member (though I won't reveal my AVEN username due to the very issue that I'm about to state).

AVEN has many serious issues that include but are not limited to bias, favoritism, double standards, and simply making up rules to restrict members they dislike.

As an AVEN member I've talked to many AVEN members. There's a lot of discontent on AVEN about the actions of moderators and admins. I've spoken with some members that are the victim of disciplinary actions where others aren't. I say the word "victim" in a very literal sense. Strictly speaking, they've gotten a warning for doing the very same thing that other members do and hasn't gotten them a warning. How do I know it hasn't gotten them a warning? Because they do these things all of the time in a majority of their posts. A lot of admins and moderators say it's hard to get banned within their current system, but with how often some of these members do what has gotten others warnings, they would have gotten banned by then. Based on how often a member that has recently gotten banned has repeated their actions that were against the AVEN Terms of Service.

I have spoken with members that are afraid of doing things that aren't even listen in the Terms of Service because they are afraid it will get them a warn. Yes. I have actually heard a member state that they wish to not do something because they didn't want to get a warn, even if it wasn't against Terms of Service.

I think the simple fact that the admins and moderators won't instate a simply term limit in itself is proof that they know how broken their system is. The Project Team has a term limit. His has been proven in politics that there is over a 90% chance of someone being reelected, and the Project Team has proven similar results. What are the admins and moderators so afraid of with these numbers? Could it be that they see issues that they believe won't follow the projected results?

Though I do not know how the admins get their positions, moderators are elected by the people, and admins do seem to come from moderators. They seem confident enoguh to let the members choose them, yet they don't feel comfortable with letting the members decide if they are to keep their positions? The members have already proven that they favor them once, what makes them so afraid that the members will change their minds? Why are they so afraid that the members will stray from results that have already been proven? Not only that, but the election turn outs are low. There has been a recent moderator elected simply because no one ran against them, and it has also been proven in history that members are more likely to vote for a single person running than choose none of the above. Plus members are more afraid of running against someone with experience than someone without.

There is an obvious bias within the admins and moderators in AVEN, and I believe that they see that. I believe that the fact that they are not allowing term limits is proof that they see a broken system. They see the idea as a threat to their position safety because they know that there are issues and that members see them.

Furthermore, several members have stated that they are constantly in fear of being warned. Not for anything that they do, but because of favoritism and doing small things that aren't even in the Terms of Service. It's not just that one member.

I have yet to have a warn within AVEN, which is why I cannot revel who I am. Because I see the issue. I see the favoritism within AVEN, and am afraid of being subjected to it. There is a problem. Members in constant fear while others can say nearly whatever they want. Members that are warned for reasons not even stated in Terms of Service while others have to blatantly break the rules to get warnings. Members that are warned for implied things. Yes, members do discuss the reasons for their warnings because it is their right to once they get it. They also get to discuss their nudges, which is another point I'll hit in a bit.

Between members in constant fear, admins and moderators that have proven that they see the issue and it has made them afraid of term limits (which further proves that they see the issue). Obvious favoritism, I hate AVEN as it is with the current admins and moderators.

One the point of nudges, I'd like to say this directly to moderators and admins of AVEN that will read this. Please, take this to the others and let them know this. Within my discussions with members that have gotten warnings in the past, we know that a nudge doesn't mean anything. Nudges are given for reasons that aren't even in the Terms of Service. We, as members, know that it simply means that we have been reported, and that you don't know what to do beyond this. Most importantly, when you nudge us for these reasons, we are able to see who reported us. You give us the post. It doesn't break TOS. Who is the person that wouldn't like our post? Who reported it?

Not only that, but since a nudge basically means, "We can't warn you on this," doesn't it seem broken that you can get chat banned for something that is nudge worthy when it doesn't break Terms of Service? Since all nudges in chat are accompanied by a chat ban. Yes, that's a rule stated here, "Please note that all nudges, including chatbans accompanied by nudges, cannot be appealed." Nudges mean you haven't technically broken the Terms of Service, but sure, chatban the members that got nudges in chat. That makes sense.

It's been a while since I've made an account here, but I think I'm going to stick around just to point out how broken the system on AVEN is.

I'm an egotistical maniac, and that makes me better than everyone else.
Because at least I can accept it.

Music Because I Can.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 26 Jul 2016, 18:34

You will find a LOT of people who aren't happy with AVEN's system of warnings and nudges.
As for the idea of term limits . . . I can see both sides. There is something to be said for stability, and that would favor having at least a core group of permanent admods, but there also needs to be a way for unpopular admods to be removed, and there is no current way for that to happen.
Maybe, rather than term limits, an admod should get a performance review on a regular basis, say . . . every 2 years?
It could be as easy as a simple yes/no vote.

Of course, I don't have any right to tell them how to run their site, but I seem to recall something like this being mentioned in the past,

SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » 29 Jul 2016, 00:41

What examples do you have of members not getting warned and others getting warned and the favoriteism?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 03 Aug 2016, 02:23

In theory nothing said here can be used against anyone regarding disciplinary actions back on AVEN - and when you consider some joined this site with the express purpose of harassing a member here I suppose it CAN work that way. However, admods have no problem at all in using things said here against individuals on AVEN (PiF and myself for example)
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 03 Aug 2016, 03:55

That does rather hint at a double standard. I don't think a member who joined AVEN for the express purpose of harassing one of their members would be allowed to stay there for very long, and yet there were a few (very few) who came here to do exactly that.

Of course, the moderating policy is different here, and they didn't do anything wrong as far as Apos is concerned, but if ANY AVENites have ever been disciplined for things posted against other AVENites on other websites, then the same standards should be applied to ALL - even if they're admods.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 06 Aug 2016, 06:37

We both know that if an admod contravenes the ToS they're instantly demodded. As none of them have been then they can't have been reported for it. Yet they're constantly telling the members that admods are held to a higher standard. Is this the behaviour expected of AVEN's elite??
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Thom

Postby Thom » 06 Aug 2016, 15:59

SubHuman wrote:What examples do you have of members not getting warned and others getting warned and the favoriteism?

Unfortunately, I cannot disclose that without revealing who I am on AVEN. However, I can tell you it is very prevalent. As Tanwen said, they have no jurisdiction here and therefore cannot take action based on what you said here. However, they have proven that they can and will play a bias based on what their opinions of specific members. I have found that the members that don't stick out fly under the radar most of the time and can get away with almost anything. Then with the members that are on their radar there are two groups.

1) those they like
2) those they dislike

I find that members that fly under the radar can get away with things that would get the second group in trouble. Then the first group can do things that would get those that fly under the radar trouble. Again, I have no specific sourced that I can point out without reveling who I am, but I can say that this is based on those I've spoken with from AVEN that are wither part of those that fly under the radar or the second group.

Based on discussions I've had with those I've met from AVEN, the members that are disliked by admins and moderators will have the rules morphed in such a way that they'd warrant a warn for that member. However, if the member that they do like said the same thing, they'd get away with it. Everything that the admins and moderators do on AVEN is subject to their own bias towards that specific member.

Yes, I do believe specific members are being targeted for warnings, though I cannot discern whether it is being done consciously. Along with that, I think that the members that are "praised" for dancing around the rules are actual favorites that could get away with anything short of breaking the rules, and I think that is members that fly under the radar got reported for the same thing they'd get a nudge because they haven't been reported for it before, and members that are disliked would get a warn.

Like I said, though, there's a bias, and the simple fact that I won't reveal my identity is proof of it. I can't even criticize the site openly because I fear that they'll dislike me.

Music Because I Can.

Thom

Postby Thom » 19 Aug 2016, 07:36

Music Because I Can.

SkyWorld

Postby SkyWorld » 19 Aug 2016, 11:46

If current admods would say that the OP's original question are affirmative, then that just confirms it.

Even though it speaks volumes about not only their silence, but also a LOT of former staff speaking up. I think it's been about 9 so far.

Thom

Postby Thom » 20 Aug 2016, 12:49

It's really pathetic when AVEN admins and moderators out up a front of being united for so long, and now all of the ones that left are bitching about the system. Let me make it clear, my beef isn't with the ones that left. It's with the current ones. You have a problem, these guys know you have a problem, and you drove them away because you don't want to fix your damn problem. No wonder people here don't like you.

If you care enough to fix it, start listening to them. I don't mean just read it. I mean understand it. Listen to it. Take these people's dammed advise, and you might get some of your old guys back and end the never ending election process.

Music Because I Can.

Lia

Postby Lia » 20 Aug 2016, 13:35

Here's the thing with current Admods. They break down into 3 groups:

The ones who see no problem because the current system gives them 90% of the power.
The ones who are too passive to see AND admit the problem.
The ones who are too new to realize the problem.

♥ Steph ♥

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » 21 Aug 2016, 11:31

That is perfectly explained Lia!

SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » 23 Aug 2016, 08:43

Well I at least believed they were running things smoothly and respected their decisions. Now I have no idea at all. The only one I respect now is faeriefate for being brave and admitting those things (especially as it kinda disprove the previous arguments of admods) and wanting to improve. Also I got nothing against the new admods, and the fact that it is Serran a fresh mod who make take the bulk of the debate is emberassing.

Lia

Postby Lia » 23 Aug 2016, 09:04

That's the status quo of Admods. The veteran ones steer clear of threads like that because it makes them look bad, and the new ones only want to help keep things running smoothly and so they try to answer the concerns of the many while 100% HAVING to post that "this is just my opinion!" lest they be brought to review for speaking for the Admod Team without having a vote. It's why nothing will ever change.

SkyWorld

Postby SkyWorld » 23 Aug 2016, 20:51

Yeah, just as Pook said, the ones who are avoiding and ignoring it are the ones who need to see it the most.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 24 Aug 2016, 04:01

Guys, guys... I know this is off topic but when I thought the admins deleted my account after I specifically told them to years ago after striking my account over nothing, apparently my account is still up and someone edited one of my posts and gave me this:

Aw thanks AVEN, really cements my feelings towards you.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 24 Aug 2016, 05:37

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I suppose that I could also include myself in the group of admods who finally got tired of the drama in AVEN's backroom and gave up, but there was more to it than that.
I also had this place to deal with (as well as real life) and I didn't want to be spread too thin.

In a nutshell, though, the way that APositive is modded can be directly attributed to lessons that I learned in AVEN's backroom.

The number one difference is that there is no hidden "Admods Only" forum here, and there never will be. (There is a hidden forum where "Contact the Site" PMs from non-members appear, but since they include the sender's IP address, I think it's wise to keep those hidden.)
I actually do have contingency plans already in place in case the traffic at this site ever picks up enough that more admods are needed. A RESTRICTED 'Admods Only" forum is the plan. It will be visible to all members, but only admods will be able to post in it.

Think about that.
When I was an admod at AVEN, I really, REALLY wanted the Admods Only forum to be made visible because I preferred the way that AVEN worked before the hidden forum was made. (Yep. I joined AVEN that long ago!) That way, the members would be able to see how their elected staff members acted, and how they voted.
However, they would also be able to see who reported who, and why. At the time, that was one of the big objections to my plea. As I recall (and it's been a long time, so don't quote me on this) the fear was that there might be threats made via PM, and that we would therefore be posting PMs. Or something like that.
It's true that asexual communities can attract some unsavory characters, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as we feared. Besides, if a member PMs an admod because someone they know in real life has sent them some worrisome PMs, then that's a problem that should be taken to law enforcement. If it's from a member that they don't know then the admod team can provide the perv's IP and other info to law enforcement.
To my knowledge, that never happened because it was never deemed necessary. (Maybe since I left? I dunno.) If it isn't serious enough to need law enforcement, then why does it need to be such a big secret?

The vast, overwhelming percentage of reports concern nothing more than misunderstandings and hurt feelings, and I strongly believe that they should be visible. BECAUSE the offender needs to know who they offended, and the reporter needs to know that their report will be visible to everybody. This is because people who are old enough to post on AVEN (or here) should also be old enough to fix their own problems instead of running to the authorities and being a big tattletale every time they get offended.
Life is full of conflicts, and people need to learn how to resolve them on their own.

Openly hostile bullies do exist. They need to be exposed for what they are, and then banned. Game over. They don't need to be protected, and reporting them should be seen as a public service - certainly not something to fear.
However, passive-aggressive bullies are just as real, and I think they are a lot more common. They run to the admods with every tiny offense, trying to anonymously get others in trouble because they can't resolve their personal differences in a mature manner. The hidden forum only serves to enable this kind of time-wasting, juvenile behavior.

Transparency: It's a wonderful thing. There would be no such things as breaching if the the administration of the site were truly transparent.
Most people who are old enough to be posting in online forums CAN control themselves and behave as adults if they see the need, but it requires effort - sometimes a LOT of effort! It's a lot easier for an admod to give in to anger, frustration, or even simple mischievousness and to say things that would definitely be regretted if they were made public, but since they're hidden and only visible to the team, why not vent a little? Personally, I think that's where cell phones would be useful, but then . . . what do I know? I mean, other than the fact that dark deeds produce more fruit when they take place in secrecy. That much I know.

Meh . . . this is a long post and it isn't saying anything that's particularly useful, because AVEN's hidden forum has been in use for so many years. To make it visible to all of the members would only take a few minutes, but the potential repercussions at this stage of the game would be almost impossible to predict.
Would the rank and file members of AVEN see the admod team's secret behavior as a giant catastrophe, or would they see the business side of running the forum to be worth nothing more than a big ol' yawn? Would heads roll, or would being able to see both sides of the situation allow the members to relax and realize that their admods had, after all, been doing the best that they could?

I would say, "Stay tuned for film at 11:00!", but . . . we all know that isn't going to happen.

faeriefate

Postby faeriefate » 25 Aug 2016, 15:13

SubHuman wrote:Well I at least believed they were running things smoothly and respected their decisions. Now I have no idea at all. The only one I respect now is faeriefate for being brave and admitting those things (especially as it kinda disprove the previous arguments of admods) and wanting to improve. Also I got nothing against the new admods, and the fact that it is Serran a fresh mod who make take the bulk of the debate is emberassing.

Aww, thank you. :)

KAGU143 wrote:The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I suppose that I could also include myself in the group of admods who finally got tired of the drama in AVEN's backroom and gave up, but there was more to it than that.
I also had this place to deal with (as well as real life) and I didn't want to be spread too thin.

In a nutshell, though, the way that APositive is modded can be directly attributed to lessons that I learned in AVEN's backroom.

The number one difference is that there is no hidden "Admods Only" forum here, and there never will be. (There is a hidden forum where "Contact the Site" PMs from non-members appear, but since they include the sender's IP address, I think it's wise to keep those hidden.)
I actually do have contingency plans already in place in case the traffic at this site ever picks up enough that more admods are needed. A RESTRICTED 'Admods Only" forum is the plan. It will be visible to all members, but only admods will be able to post in it.

Think about that.
When I was an admod at AVEN, I really, REALLY wanted the Admods Only forum to be made visible because I preferred the way that AVEN worked before the hidden forum was made. (Yep. I joined AVEN that long ago!) That way, the members would be able to see how their elected staff members acted, and how they voted.
However, they would also be able to see who reported who, and why. At the time, that was one of the big objections to my plea. As I recall (and it's been a long time, so don't quote me on this) the fear was that there might be threats made via PM, and that we would therefore be posting PMs. Or something like that.
It's true that asexual communities can attract some unsavory characters, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as we feared. Besides, if a member PMs an admod because someone they know in real life has sent them some worrisome PMs, then that's a problem that should be taken to law enforcement. If it's from a member that they don't know then the admod team can provide the perv's IP and other info to law enforcement.
To my knowledge, that never happened because it was never deemed necessary. (Maybe since I left? I dunno.) If it isn't serious enough to need law enforcement, then why does it need to be such a big secret?

The vast, overwhelming percentage of reports concern nothing more than misunderstandings and hurt feelings, and I strongly believe that they should be visible. BECAUSE the offender needs to know who they offended, and the reporter needs to know that their report will be visible to everybody. This is because people who are old enough to post on AVEN (or here) should also be old enough to fix their own problems instead of running to the authorities and being a big tattletale every time they get offended.
Life is full of conflicts, and people need to learn how to resolve them on their own.

Openly hostile bullies do exist. They need to be exposed for what they are, and then banned. Game over. They don't need to be protected, and reporting them should be seen as a public service - certainly not something to fear.
However, passive-aggressive bullies are just as real, and I think they are a lot more common. They run to the admods with every tiny offense, trying to anonymously get others in trouble because they can't resolve their personal differences in a mature manner. The hidden forum only serves to enable this kind of time-wasting, juvenile behavior.

Transparency: It's a wonderful thing. There would be no such things as breaching if the the administration of the site were truly transparent.
Most people who are old enough to be posting in online forums CAN control themselves and behave as adults if they see the need, but it requires effort - sometimes a LOT of effort! It's a lot easier for an admod to give in to anger, frustration, or even simple mischievousness and to say things that would definitely be regretted if they were made public, but since they're hidden and only visible to the team, why not vent a little? Personally, I think that's where cell phones would be useful, but then . . . what do I know? I mean, other than the fact that dark deeds produce more fruit when they take place in secrecy. That much I know.

Meh . . . this is a long post and it isn't saying anything that's particularly useful, because AVEN's hidden forum has been in use for so many years. To make it visible to all of the members would only take a few minutes, but the potential repercussions at this stage of the game would be almost impossible to predict.
Would the rank and file members of AVEN see the admod team's secret behavior as a giant catastrophe, or would they see the business side of running the forum to be worth nothing more than a big ol' yawn? Would heads roll, or would being able to see both sides of the situation allow the members to relax and realize that their admods had, after all, been doing the best that they could?

I would say, "Stay tuned for film at 11:00!", but . . . we all know that isn't going to happen.

I agree with the idea, but I disagree with the method.

Having a private forum serves a few purposes. First off, it provides us a place to talk about private info. Said private info isn't ever declassed because it's private. This includes information about underaged members (laws do exist), harassment, doxing, and other thinks that can't just be thrown out into public forums without risking member privacy and safety. Second off, I do believe there is merit to the idea with allowing members to see our discussions, but not to letting members see the reporter. There has been issues where we were a username slipped by declass in a report and years later when it was declass someone made a public forum in Site Comment pretty much attacking the member that reported them. That was one of the first reports I saw as a mod, and really showed me that having a reporter's name in there can really do more harm than good. 'm not bagging on Declass either, they were brand shiny new and have a full plate. I wouldn't want to be them. Just that some members take it really personally when a friend reports them.

Might there be an issue with passive-aggressive members reporting each other? Probably. However, if the member doesn't really do anything wrong it wouldn't land them a warn. It's a between a rock and a hard place situation where being reported isnt' an isuse if you've done nothing wrong, but that the same time you shouldn't be making reports on members just because you don't like them because it makes admods lives harder.

So, I think being completely upfront can have its own share of issues, there has to be a happy middle ground.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 27 Aug 2016, 04:34

I understand your point, and I would agree that becoming transparent at this point in time could cause some serious headaches at AVEN.

People need to know in advance that anything they say could and might be used against them. Changing the rules after the fact would be horribly unfair, and doing that would leave only unsavory options, like maybe deleting all report and discipline-related threads after a certain period of time rather than de-classifying them. 'Not ideal at all.

Originally (again, hoping that my memory is accurate . .. ) the Admods hidden forum was intended to be ONLY for discipline-related threads. I can see a few points in favor of having it for that purpose, but I don't like it because, as history has proven, it's too easy to abuse.

Threads that relate to site government, such as proposed policy changes and so forth, or discussions about how to respond to reports (minus the reporter/reportee names), don't need to be hidden - ever - and yet they are. This would be primarily what I was talking about.
It's a simple matter to make such topics visible to members while preventing anybody other than the admods from commenting and interfering.

Here's a suggestion that might or might not be worth looking into. (I realize that it's been a LOONG time since I was in AVEN's backroom and the software has changed several times since then.)
Here at Apositive, if there's a report then it will appear in my inbox as a form of PM, but I'm not sure what happens at AVEN.
However, if reports were always sent via PM to one designated, NON-VOTING admin (or other title) then they could be presented to the admod team with the names already removed. The thread, names removed, would be visible to all members.

Something like this on the easy ones:
New report thread:
Member A has sent a complaint about this comment _____ (include copy/paste if necessary)____ , which was said by member B.
Please discuss.

Or, more like this on the tough ones:
New report thread:
Members A, B and C have reported this topic: (The topic, originally posted by member D, been hidden pending action.) The troublesome comments are: ___(copy/paste)___ by member D and ___(copy/paste)___ by member E. (etc, etc)
Please discuss.

The same basic approach can be adapted to other situations as needed.

Now, I know that any motivated member worth their salt could probably track down any copy/pasted comments unless they're hidden, but that isn't the point. The point is that the admods' responses would be visible, and, in an ideal world, since the names were not openly associated with the report, their discussions and ultimate decisions could be viewed as being as unbiased as possible since they would be addressing only the comments - not who said them.
The original PMed reports should be deleted once action has been taken, whether it's dismiss, nudge, warn, ban, or whatever.

The only thing remaining, which would NOT be de-classified, (and updating this would also be part of the original recipient's job) would be a list of all members who have active nudges or warnings. The names on that list should be permanently deleted once their warnings expire.

The whole idea is to try to eliminate the appearance of bias. I know that people have likes and dislikes, but if their discussions are visible then I think there would be more of an incentive to keep those feelings private and not to use them to try to sway others.
I don't know if this idea is helpful or not, and it would definitely be a bad idea to make it retroactive, but if something like this could be done at AVEN then it would mean that the job of declassifying could finally have an end in sight.

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » 27 Aug 2016, 09:33

Tanwen wrote:We both know that if an admod contravenes the ToS they're instantly demodded. As none of them have been then they can't have been reported for it. Yet they're constantly telling the members that admods are held to a higher standard. Is this the behaviour expected of AVEN's elite??

Reference this, as someone who has been demodded for a ToS breach, learnt my lesson and returned I can reassure folk that if an admod commits a warn-worthy offence then they are subject to exactly the same disciplinary procedures as non admods with the proviso that any admod who collects a warn is automatically demodded

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 06 Sep 2016, 10:22

Oi Tan, you been reported for anything yet?
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 09 Sep 2016, 19:56

A point of principle hasn't reared its head yet. You know me Ciri - when I feel strongly about something I can't keep my big mouth shut.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 10 Sep 2016, 06:59

At least you don't have a big arse to talk out of to go with it :p
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 13 Sep 2016, 17:10

Well, it's considerably bigger than it ought to be :P :lol:

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 14 Sep 2016, 00:47

Last year I suspended my account with a view to it being reviewed a year later as to whether I wanted to rejoin. They haven't been in contact so they can 'go hifreann leat' as far as I'm concerned.

In case you're wondering where I've been for most of the year, I've been ill.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Lia

Postby Lia » 14 Sep 2016, 01:20

Admods do not review suspended accounts and reach out to see who would like to "rejoin". If you would like to "review" whether or not you would like to "rejoin" and decide you would, it is your job to contact the Admods and request your account be reactivated.

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 15 Sep 2016, 00:51

Thank you for that, Lia, although if the playground mentality is still there I may not rejoin.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”