Feb 28-Mar 1 ... Weekend plans ...

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
cdrdash

Feb 28-Mar 1 ... Weekend plans ...

Postby cdrdash » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm

What are you doing this weekend? Even if it has diddly squat to do with asexuality, I love to hear what other fellow asexuals are doing on their weekends and I love to talk about what I am going to do!

I'm off to Death Valley this weekend for camping and hiking. I had hoped to hike to the top of Mt Perry but I hear from the leader of the trip that its raining in Death Valley and snowing on the mountain tops so she is cancelling the hike to Mt Perry. :'( Maybe the weather will take another turn back to sunny and warm before I arrive tomorrow night and we can do it. I'll have to wait and see. Its a good thing I like to drive as its a 10 hour drive tomorrow. I'll get my book on CD and some music CDs and enjoy the scenery as I buzz along.

Cathy
cdrdash = Cathy Denshaw Roberts nicknamed DASHy

Ciri
Mega Member

Re: Feb 28-Mar 1 ... Weekend plans ...

Postby Ciri » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Yours sound so exciting. :(

I'm working on Saturday then going out to purchase a new TV. I tried coming home to watch a nice trashy episode of Hollyoaks only to be reminded that my TV is dead.

RIP old thing.

Sunday is dog training day. I also visit my grandparents before that. This is important to me, it's something I have done since birth with my job being the only excuse possible to get out of it. I love the visits though, I have a special relationship with my grandpop, he enjoys my company. We used to build stuff in his shed and go fishing and stuff. Things my father wouldn't do with me because I'm a girl.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

cdrdash

Postby cdrdash » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Excellent that you get to visit your grandpop. My grandparents passed away long ago. I tried fishing once. I thought it was a great excuse to sit by a river and meditate about things but I didn't catch any fish. What kind of fishing did/do you do? Funny that it was your grandpop that didn't care if you were a girl while your Dad did.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 am

Going to an ex partners as she has recently moved, this is one in the uk. Apparently she thinks a mouse's nest is below her floorboards and wonders if I can help. A 6ft3 18 stone chap wriggling in mud and mouse feaces below floorboards was not my idea of a lush time

Agree with Tan, Dash yours sounds more exciting.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm *probably* going to be working on framing a building that's going to be the new home for my chickens and turkeys when it's finished. At least, that's the plan. A lot depends on the weather, my successful acquisition of some new drill bits, and on what else decides to appear on my "to do" plate.

(I never seem to know what other people are planning for me to do until the moment when I discover that I'm already supposed to be doing those things!)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 am

Being taken out to dinner by my sons and daughter in law for my birthday tonight (but I don't know about it ;) ) working tomorrow :(
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

cdrdash

Postby cdrdash » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm back from Death Valley.

PiF, hope you are not too covered with mouse poop.

Tan, hope the dinner was fun!

Ciri, how was the visit with your grandparents?

I had a mixed bag experience on my camping trip. Hiking in Death Valley was awesome and fun but I didn't so much enjoy the camping part. I slept atrociously all three nights ... sore back one night, leaky tent another, and just not being used to sleeping in a tent the first night. The last night there, it was pouring rain all night long!

I also was in a social funk most of the weekend. I just didn't connect much with anyone this weekend, even some of my hiking chums that I usually do have fun with. Oh well.

For those that like to see pictures ... go to this link: https://picasaweb.google.com/1052346891 ... directlink