Are diversity degrees subliminal racism?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

Are diversity degrees subliminal racism?

Postby PiF » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 am

I watched on the BBC last night, the programme question time, I always try to see as many aspects as I can. What followed after was a programme called this week and if your in the uk I is on the Iplayer for 7 days http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... k-04022016

One part of it they they had a Oxford ex graduate Soweto Kinch who is also a jazz saxophonist and the discussion was diversity as it seems to be the hot topic away from elections.

When asked for his views he began with there is not enough diversity in universities and was asked to explain that which he then said universities do not reflect the makeup of the united kingdom. The presenter challenged him with facts and figures that did point out that not only did the percentage of those going to uni match representitive diversity but also within the ethnic breakdown, it also pretty much matched the groups.

Mr Kinch seemed unhappy with accurate figures showing representational diversity and said look if all your going to concentrate on the figures then you miss the point...wtf? if you say the numbers support your diversity imbalance then you look at the figures and they do not support diversity imbalance but support diversity representation then what else do bodies have to do to show they are in fact diverse?

So it got me thinking, how many other hate groups..yes hate groups...are claiming a lack of diversity where there is none for no other reason that to promote that individual or that "diversity" group

let me fire off some diversity examples population of america ... around 318 million White Americans are the racial majority, with a 77.7% share of the U.S. population, according to the 2013 U.S. Census. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.1% of the population, making up the largest minority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.2% of the population.

Lets take a poke at actors pbs..seems a decent study and it shows 73.1% white which is lower than the diversity figures and black comes in at 12.5% so 0.7% difference http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/300 ... ent-white/

lets look at basketball...The NBA in 2015 was composed of 74.4 percent black players, 23.3 percent white players, 1.8 percent Latinos, and 0.2 percent Asian.[2] The league has the highest percentage of black players of any major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada...a massive imbalance of diversity but no one seems to care when it is in that direction

Colleges then..they must be unrepresented because "the man" is keeping minorities down by denying them higher education...again wrong. Year on year ethnic groups are the largest moving upward groups in colleges/university and are pretty much in line and improving..with the census figures of racial breakdowns http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... s-degrees/

So where is all this nonsense coming from? it would appear that instead of the under representation of diversity..it is pretty much in line with the breakdown within the census of the population..in fact if you look in some areas ...minorities are several times higher than their percentage of the population

I remember when we had equalities officers..sometimes annoying people..but general their goal/role was to treat everyone equally no matter what your colour, race, religion or gender

But now we seem to have replaced common sense equalities officers with diversity officers......how does equality happen if you are trying to seperate people?

So I looked a bit further..they actually have degrees for this division..people are getting degrees in keeping us seperate rather than degrees in keeping us as one people...weird

I think this might explain a lot of the snowflakery that is on the rise

"you are surpressing my people we are underrepresented and have less opportunities"..well we looked at the actual facts and figures and your claim is wrong but we did find in some fields you over take the majority disproportionately by several times..."hell man you don't understand my peoples persecution"...erm nope there is none..on the figures and claims you have given, most have turned out to be incorrect.

If you become an equalities officer you are looking to make sure people are equal no matter what the figures say...if you become a diversities officer you will ignore the actual census correct diversity figures to make sure small minorities are more special than anyone else. This has largely been promoted by universities. Universities who take tens of thousands of dollars every term to teach you the truth doesn't matter..what matters is they can sell you an education deviod of most of the facts.

Diversity is not and should not be the driving force of equality...promoting it as such suits nothing more than the racist, sexist agenders and does little to bring communities together

Using figures to ensure the percentage of the population is fairly represented pro rata is a good guide ..but to raise degrees that promote segregation, racial and sexual differences is divisive and nothing more and in so many ways

I have one question to ask that believe diversity degree are important..Why should respecting our differences be more important than treating everyone as equals?