Oi you Mocha drinking fatty

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

Oi you Mocha drinking fatty

Postby PiF » 21 Feb 2016, 12:52

Be honest, how many of you drink those fancy coffee's and hot drinks from places like starbucks, costa coffee, kfc

What if I told you that even if you do not put sugar in your drink then some of them will still have between 6-25 teaspoons of sugar in that drink?

You yanks are known for your obesity but unfortunately in Europe, the U.K. is also known to have a obesity issue so various groups are trying to get a sugar tax added.

This was research based on the drinks most of us buy and will drink...what do you normally drink...and how many sugars does it have?

http://www.actiononsugar.org/News%20Cen ... 170862.pdf

CatBunny
Established Member

Re: Oi you Mocha drinking fatty

Postby CatBunny » 21 Feb 2016, 15:31

Never gone to any of those places for food or drink in years, mostly because I hate coffee and the last time I got something at any of those places it was crap, overpriced or kept me up all night on the toilet lol

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 22 Feb 2016, 04:48

I have coffee every morning, but I drink it black.
Kæth has worked as a professional barista several times and he's still very much a coffee snob, so he invested in a Bunn Trifecta MB about a year ago. That sucker was EXPEN$IVE, so I feel like I had better use it regularly in order to help justify the cost of the silly thing.
I call it the coffee replicator because I think it looks like something from Star Trek.

My everyday non-caffeinated drink is a generic version of Crystal Lite. I don't know if it's an international product, but basically it's a sugar-free drink mix. I drink this instead of plain water because our well water has a lot of iron and sulfur in it. It's not harmful, but it doesn't taste very good and the drink mix disguises that.

I only drink carbonated beverages when I'm away from home and can't find anything else, and the last time I drank an espresso-bar-type coffee product was literally years ago. I like them just fine, but I can't justify the cost or the calories.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 22 Feb 2016, 05:47

I came here to slap you down because I thought you were addressing me.

I am a Soya Sugar Free Caramel Machiato Drinking Fattie, you tarp.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » 22 Feb 2016, 08:36

I just have black coffee, because I like the taste of coffee, not milk or sugar

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 23 Feb 2016, 00:41

Coffee with milk and sugar in it tastes like crap.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 13 Apr 2016, 20:41

Same for Tomato ketchup, in average family size of a 700gm bottle , 154 grams of it are sugar.

something to ponder possibly. When you go back to those food producing companies and those particulalrly operating with dubious or missleading labelling, many are smaller companies owned by one large conglomorate, when you follow those companies back to that uber company, you will see many of them also own shares in medical reserach and medication based pharma companies

In effect it's a bit like the same company selling guns, bulletproof vests, healthcare insurance and the hospital you maybe placed in

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 26 Apr 2016, 00:35

I cut out sugary drinks and chocolate, and lost a stone in less than a month. I no longer want to stab anyone due to sugar withdrawal.

I am now a fizzy sugar free water drinking 1 stone less fatty.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 26 Apr 2016, 01:06

Good for you, it's surprising also just how many sour products have a substantial amount of sugar in them.

here's an interesting fact for you

3.9 million diabetics in the U.K........29.1 million diabetics in the u.s

big business is killing more people through food tampering than guns in the U.S. how do they get away with that?..guns should be killing people right and not our food ?

Losing weight...you will be surprised especially if you are younger, just how quick the excess will start to fall off buy even 15 mins brisk walking 3 times a week..15 minutes...no gym fee's, no muscle strains, no rip muscles

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 26 Apr 2016, 04:01

I have the odd one as a very special treat. Yes I know it's packed with sugar and I don't really care - the last one I had was something like 3 months ago :D

As for losing weight - it's impossible...if the lady three doors down is making herself a slice of toast, I'll put on two pounds :(
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”