Joe Parrish in the daily mail

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

Joe Parrish in the daily mail

Postby PiF » 03 Mar 2016, 13:00

I believe this fellow is doing the rounds in aven

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ffice.html

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Joe Parrish in the daily mail

Postby Tanwen » 03 Mar 2016, 23:38

He's a member :)
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 04 Mar 2016, 01:07

I saw, he seems to be running for one of many state seats office rather than a national one I believe?

I would have prefferred it if it was originally visible in some some other source than gay news as i've said before "by association" devalues us as our own independent group and implies we are asexual because we are gay...still the current hierarchy still wants us to be a franchise "you want fries with that?" ..of the lgbt...and comments like this do not help when mentioning his asexality...."I assumed I was straight for a long time because I was working from that rubric"

This is just one of those .."I am asexual because"...we need to avoid

Still if he is sucessfull then perhaps he can work on North Carolina's hate crimes statute covers race, colour, religion, nationality or country of origin, but neither sexual orientation nor gender identity.

It's good pr for him to be in a brit national paper and again raise the term asexuality

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 06 Mar 2016, 11:49

Asked whether he was 'aromantic, heteromantic or homoromantic', he replied: 'I’ve never dated anybody, as I’ve not really met anybody or met anyone who would want to date me.
'I guess if I had to throw a guess, I’d be willing to have a family some day and I’d prefer to be in a romantic relationship with someone of the opposite sex. That’s how you make families, I guess. It’s a very straightforward logical take on it, I suppose. I don’t have enough experience to comment on it with any certainty.'

'Sounds pretty asexual to me! :D
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 08 Mar 2016, 03:03

Having read some of his comments, I'm sad to say he is the stereotypical American who knows very little about other countries outside of the states. His comments appear to be ill informed and ignorant. On that basis, thankfully for him, I would be more likely to vote for the janitor at the local school for office than this young man.

Asexualities own Donald Trump :D

SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » 29 May 2016, 10:57

PiF wrote:Having read some of his comments, I'm sad to say he is the stereotypical American who knows very little about other countries outside of the states. His comments appear to be ill informed and ignorant. On that basis, thankfully for him, I would be more likely to vote for the janitor at the local school for office than this young man.

Asexualities own Donald Trump :D

Hey he know much about the world. If you don’t support EU you are a right wing racist. And that UK leaving EU will lead to war in Europe.

:yawn:

For the record I got nothing against him. But hope he get some more balanced views on Europa if he get elected some time.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 29 May 2016, 21:19

I get your far right racist analogy, we are getting that during our brexit debate. It's being used in a way such as racist, homophobe, islamaphobe etc in that unless you agree with a minority then they try to shut you down on something which is perfectly reasonable to have a different view

Voting or supporting him because he claims to be asexual is idiocy. It's a bit like saying because a couple are both asexual then it automatically will work.

A politician has to have more about them than just riding on a minority ticket..if it works for him then fairplay

SubHuman

Postby SubHuman » 30 May 2016, 01:07

No it was his. Which is kinda silly, as here the anti eu folks are mainly left wingers and farmers. The moderate left and right is usually pro EU.

Anyway, voting for him solely to be asexual would be weird. But I guess many do that, like they play on woman card or black card. Other than that I guess most on AVEN see that, and for me he is just a normal user like any other. And he seem better than i.e Trump or Cruz :P

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”