what happened on your weird day?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

what happened on your weird day?

Postby PiF » 15 Mar 2016, 08:19

We all have them, days that that you think..well that was weird

I'll go first

I dreamed they were actually going to release the 2015 census in aven..then I woke up :lol: went out on my bike and saw a man in a clown uniform driving a van, honestly and as if by magic this evening a bottle of cold rose' was found in my fridge next to the mouth wash

Oh and I got a letter from the hospital saying they want to internal mri my meatus...wtf..it goes up, goes down and I can piss out of it, now't wrong with it...however a meatus is your inner ear ...so the lady in the urology clinic told me :oops:

Your turn

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: what happened on your weird day?

Postby PiF » 24 Mar 2016, 00:26

apparently I run a chinese laundry

My daughters washing machine broke and the replacement is not due for two days. In a panic with her husband who works a dirty job and two very young kids she asked if I can do some washing for her..."Just two loads dad" two bags turn up , I say no worries leave them with me....5 loads ! The washing machine must have felt like I was trying to kill it !

I have no tumble dryer as I do not like them, so all my window curtain rails, door frames and shower rod now have more childs clothes hanging up from them than the local kids clothing shop. What didn't help was her machine door locked half way through a wash and took nearly a day for them to open..so some of the clothes smelt right rank

I had so many dreams when I was young....so many :lol:

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 24 Mar 2016, 00:45

I have never had a weird day.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 24 Mar 2016, 01:17

had or have or both?

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 24 Mar 2016, 04:37

I know that I've had some weird incidents but I can't remember any of them that stretched out to become entire weird days.

There was that time that a large stray pig came wandering down the road and ended up in our front yard . . . .
I caught a stray horse once . . . .
I caught a stray scarlet macaw once . . . and another time I caught a stray Senegal parrot. I seem to catch missing animals and birds quite a bit for some reason.
In fact, almost all of my weird incidents involve animals or birds in some way.

Almost all.

There was the time when I was bored out of my mind because I was the only young-ish person present at a family gathering at the ancestral family farm in Ponca City, Oklahoma - which, at that time, was in the back end of nowhere. ('Probably still is.) My family was there because we were attending my uncle's funeral.

I decided to go for a hike through the countryside and took off, wandering wherever I felt like going and crossing barbed wire fences with impunity - meaning that I had no idea whose land I was actually on. After a while I heard water splashing in the distance and that seemed potentially interesting, so I headed in that direction. I couldn't seem to get to it, though. I came up against a line of brush that was literally impenetrable but I could hear that water splashing just a short distance away. I started following along the edge of the brush and I finally saw an opening.

There was a HUGE sandstone boulder (maybe 7 x 10 feet across?) that extended through the brush and made an opening which - even better! - seemed to be right by where the splashing water was loudest. Since the boulder was dry, fairly level, and sandstone isn't slippery I hopped up on it and started to walk over to the edge to check things out. I never made it, because something violently shoved me backwards and off of the rock. So violently that after I caught my balance I just stopped in my tracks and said (out loud) something like, "Okay. I guess I won't walk on that rock."

However, once I get fixated on an idea I'm pretty hard to discourage, and at that point I was absolutely set on seeing that water. I had to follow the line of brush for a long ways before I finally found a place that was open enough that I could fight my way through it, and there, in the bottom of a ravine, I found a tiny little brook. I decided to follow it back upstream to where that big boulder was because I was still very weirded out by the shoving incident. It only took a short time since it was actually easier to jump from stone to stone in the creek bed that it had been to pick my way through the brush. So, I finally reached the giant boulder which, as it turned out, was projecting out over a small waterfall that dropped perhaps four feet and was less than a foot across. 'Not much of a waterfall in the grand scheme of things, but big enough to be noisy.

The boulder, however, was not a boulder after all. Remember that I said it was sandstone? Sandstone is a sedimentary rock, and the kind found in that part of Oklahoma is striped with different colors and tends to split into layers. What appeared, from the top, to be a huge rock weighing more tons than I could even imagine, was, in reality, nothing more than a very thin, unsupported and fragile remnant of broken bedrock that had almost eroded completely away. The outer few feet of the ledge were barely 3 or 4 inches thick. In all likelihood my weight would have brought it down. Even though the ravine itself was only 6 or 8 feet deep, the area directly below that ledge was a waterfall. 'Not something you would want to fall on, especially if you were accompanied by a few thousand pounds of broken stone - and you were in the middle of nowhere and NOBODY knew where you were.

The weirdness of that incident stuck with me for YEARS, and I had already moved out to live on my own when we finally made a family trip up there again. (time for another funeral) I took off at the very first opportunity to go look at that waterfall again.
In the years since the incident I had begun to doubt myself, and I wanted to see if it was real, or if it was really as creepy as I remembered. It took quite a while, but after some hiking I finally found it.
I barely recognized it, because the rock ledge had fallen down at some point and the waterfall was almost completely erased. It was nothing more than a short section of rapids that was confined to a steep-sided crevice in the bedrock.

I assure you, that didn't help to dispel the weird feeling AT ALL. More than 40 years later . . . now I'm creeped out again, just from writing it all down.

You're welcome.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 03 May 2016, 13:57

I just finished my last class of my last year of college. It was watching a stoner scientist on TED talk about how we're all a bunch of squares for not trying LSD and how that the government is not arresting people because owning drugs are illegal but because it's trying to destroy our freedom of expression mannnnn. And then ended the class with a video of a two headed girl. Did I forgot to mention 95 percent of the class are stoners?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 05 May 2016, 01:41

My dad who's 78 phoned me in a panic and said " My cable box is telling me to ring the police"

What? says I? he says that the box display is showing 999 (which is the number for the police in the uk) it turns out the bbc is channel 101 on his cable box and without knowing it, he had pressed the channel button down twice to get to 999. Normal service was soon resolved .

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”