Could you, would you, upcycle...you ?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

Could you, would you, upcycle...you ?

Postby PiF » 01 Jun 2016, 09:39

I am a donor organ, I have ticked all parts, heart, lungs, eyes, kidneys, liver if it still works and skin.

I had a conversation the other day with my doc do to other reasons and I asked what about legs and arms? and he said it's not normally associated under the donor card scheme but if they were healthy and available then it has been done before

So then comes the difficult part of telling those who may have to make decisions for you even if they have your wishes on file.

For me it is simple humanity if your dying or have just died and you have parts than can give life to others why not? We upcycle furniture, clothes, plants even toys so why not give back the parts that can be used again by others?

Now I can see the problem if your wish would be burial and then your are largely far smaller than the expected coffin but to much of you having being donated

Cremation not so much, as big as anyone is, your still no smaller than a tea caddy.

I was thinking of donating my brain to avens backroom....they need all the help they can get :lol: :lol:

but how would you feel about donation and more specifically, intense donation?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Could you, would you, upcycle...you ?

Postby Tanwen » 01 Jun 2016, 19:16

Like you, I figure when dead I'll have no use for any of my body parts and if anything can be re-used they're welcome to them. Mind they're more than a bit worn out but could be useful till something better turned up. I've talked things over with my family and they are all in favour and of the same opinion.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 02 Jun 2016, 14:55

Anything usable is up for grabs. I sure won't be needing it, and after anything that's still good has been salvaged I want whatever's left to be cremated.
As for the ashes . . . I want part of them to be sprinkled in my own woods next to where my macaw's ashes are scattered, and the rest can be scattered around. Maybe it would be neat to give little packets of them to my friends and they could put them wherever we shared some memories or . . . wherever they wish. Put them in the ground and plant a tree? Put them on top of the TV? Put them in the freezer with the peas and fish sticks?
On top of a mountain or out at sea - LOL! I won't care one way or the other.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 02 Jun 2016, 21:00

I want my ashes scattered on the River Mersey on the ebb tide - I've threatened my sons if they scatter them on the flood and I end up in Manchester I'll come back to haunt them! :P
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 02 Jun 2016, 21:02

Similar, I've asked for my ashes to be scattered at sea, which is odd as I can't swim. I have also left it written that they need to check the wind direction before they throw :D

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 07 Jun 2016, 21:32

I suspect your a spammer inter? no ? rascal :lol:

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 08 Jun 2016, 03:22

Yep, most likely they are.
The very brief, generic comments are typical of this type. I'm going to take out the trash.

Also, because I find that type to be particularly odious, I reported them to the main spammer database: IP, email, name and all . . . It's a pain to do it, so I don't usually bother, but, once in a while . . . :mrgreen:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”