A challenge to young Brits

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
PiF
Apositive Star

A challenge to young Brits

Postby PiF » 06 Jun 2016, 04:06

You all like to bitch but rarely do anything in the real world because your too busy moaning on the internet. :D

Now I've got your attention :halo:

The U.K. referendum is on the 23rd June but you only have till midnight tomorrow, Tuesday the 7th june to register to vote..if you do not register in time or you do then do not vote, then you are just bitchy moaning kids

"it's all right for you oldies, I can't relate to politics"...I've heard that before, that's because at your stage of life planning beyond your next facebook update is too hard for you special snowflakes.

So let me show you why voting is important

I am 52, the average UK male age of living is till 81 and the average female is 87 years old so what ever we decide, I will only have 29 years to put up with consequences

if your a typical uni or college kid and say you are 19...then you will have to put up with the consequences for the next 62 - 68 years

You can't bitch in the real world if you choose not to vote..so get off your arse and decide your own future because if you do not ...others will..and yankee voters, the same applies, not voting then complaining how your life sucks is the breakfast of whingey moaning kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWJtRWR2UXA

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by PiF...explaining real life in the most obvious of ways :D

fluentisono

Re: A challenge to young Brits

Postby fluentisono » 23 Jun 2016, 09:12

I did it, PiF :3

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 23 Jun 2016, 12:43

Me too though I'm quite a bit older than 19 (and I'm not on facebook). Well I was already registered to vote. I voted by post about a week ago.

It's bloody scary I can tell you. The UK's future is being decided right now; the votes are being counted and leave it doing better than expected. :( It's going to be difficult to sleep tonight with the result in the balance. I still have confidence remain will pull through.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 23 Jun 2016, 13:57

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all my friends across the pond.
Here's hoping that cooler heads will prevail.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 23 Jun 2016, 17:26

Well I woke up and the news is extremely bad. I'm a bit shocked. This is a disaster beyond description. *praying for a miracle*

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 24 Jun 2016, 02:40

I admit, I don't fully understand how British law works. Do they have to go through with actually leaving? Aren't there more steps necessary before that must happen?

Also, what becomes of Scotland?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 24 Jun 2016, 03:12

In theory the vote could be ignored. In practice that won't happen - it would not be politically viable, and would lead to extreme social unrest. Yes it will take time - at least two years - but barring something very unexpected, the UK will now be leaving the EU.

And yes, Scotland is actually my major concern (among many others). I think it's likely they'll become independent. Which I do not believe would be to their advantage, even if they then (re-)join the EU, but as we've just seen people don't always vote for their best option.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 24 Jun 2016, 11:01

There's this.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/06 ... -in-the-eu

Talk about clinging onto straws of hope. It's all we now have.

Just watch. The consequences of this are going to be cataclysmic. Which people were told beforehand - but it was dismissed as fear-mongering. But now it's gonna happen, and probably much worse than anyone said. I've never had such a low opinion of democracy as now.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 28 Jun 2016, 08:47

I'm one of those in favour of 'Out' and don't worry michael as long as we keep our nerve it will be rough but not cataclysmic. It could have been worse and if this report is even half true, I wouldn't be surprised if others followed us. Yes it's from the Express which may or may not be marginally better than the Daily Mail but a tad more reliable than The Sun ;)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ate-Brexit

I know the younger folk are blaming the oldies for the Brexit vote - but had they actually made the effort to go to the polling station they may have got the result they wanted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu- ... 05396.html

This afternoon the markets began to recover but the thing that's really affecting confidence in the UK is the continual fighting over the result. THe EU leaders have it in their own minds that we're out but the Brits can't decide if we're in or out. Cameron threw teddy out of the pram and resigned, there's to be an election for the next PM which may or may not trigger a General Election; the Labour Party is tearing itself to pieces because they don't like the man elected by the rank and file party members.

Supposing we did have another referendum and the vote swung to 'Stay' but didn't reach the required percentage - what then? Another referendum and keep going until we just give up??? That will be even worse than the situation we're in at the moment. The markets hate uncertainty and that's what we're giving them in buckets full.

This link is what one European thinks of us - irrelevant and likely to hinder the closer political union leading to a superstate.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_fb
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”