Anyone have any hobbies/creative activities?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
CatBunny
Established Member

Anyone have any hobbies/creative activities?

Postby CatBunny » 25 Aug 2016, 09:06

I wonder does anyone do anything on here in general for fun and would like to share? I haven't seen any posts about that.

As for me I make comics on the side of my actual work:
https://tapastic.com/indagold/series
And amateur digital music:
https://soundcloud.com/indagold

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Anyone have any hobbies/creative activities?

Postby KAGU143 » 27 Aug 2016, 04:04

Those are WONDERFUL! The Welcome Back comics made me smile. :) I've never been a big fan of ambient music but I really enjoyed some of your music tracks and I tried to "like" them but it wanted me to sign up in order to do it. (I avoid signing up for anything unless I absolutely need it.)

My hobbies are mostly involved with birds or other nature-related things.

Up until recently, I've earned a living as a bird taxidermist. (Enter at your own risk if dead things bother you.)
Greybird's Gallery of Death
I'm retired now, but there are still a few special projects waiting in my freezer for when/if I find the time to work on them.

Nowadays, I raise silkie chickens
and heritage turkeys.
On rare occasions I will still do a bit of drawing or painting.
Lately it seems that most of my creative energy has been directed toward amateur carpentry and other home-improvement types of endeavors.
This is the most ambitious one, I think, and I have almost got it done. (The roof was finished after I took this photo.)
Carpentry wears me out because it's HARD (for me) and I'm having to figure it out as I go, but I hope to get the building projects on my list done eventually so that I can get back to things that are artistic rather than back-breaking.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 27 Aug 2016, 11:42

KAGU143 wrote:Those are WONDERFUL! The Welcome Back comics made me smile. :) I've never been a big fan of ambient music but I really enjoyed some of your music tracks and I tried to "like" them but it wanted me to sign up in order to do it. (I avoid signing up for anything unless I absolutely need it.)

My hobbies are mostly involved with birds or other nature-related things.

Majority of the ambient music is my old work because it's the easiest to make haha... nowadays I actually know how to write music and not throwing a reverb on everything.

Wow you're a pretty good taxidermist. Most taxidermists I see are hobbyists and their animals usually look more dead than alive. And love your art. Glad to see you paint, I used to paint a while ago, but I guess becoming a digital artist/animator those days are kinda gone.

Also your silkies are adorable.

AgentPleakly

Postby AgentPleakly » 05 Sep 2016, 15:57

Haven't uploaded anything in awhile, but I do have a youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

Also, I'm currently collaborating on a script for what I hope will be my first animated feature, an original story I came up with revolving around a preteen transgirl (who the audience wouldn't know was trans until midway through the plot when a bully outs her to the whole school).
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”