Is anybody out there?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
KAGU143
Administrator

Is anybody out there?

Postby KAGU143 » 22 Nov 2016, 15:36

It seems to me like everybody has left Apos and gone away to do more interesting things or to hang out at more interesting places.

It's getting close to the time of year when we have to pay the rent to keep the lights on, and I'm wondering . . . .

should we even bother?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

michaels

Re: Is anybody out there?

Postby michaels » 23 Nov 2016, 17:41

I randomly divebombed to have a look on here. Yeah, it's pretty dead. The only posts I've seen on here are from people banned on AVEN.

You've always been a cut above the usual asexuality management amateur. You know that the very definition of asexuality has suffered from having a political activism basis rather than a scientific basis, and that even the "science" relating to asexuality is tainted by the fact that it's all based on self-reporting--not because people lie in their self-reports, but because nobody really knows themselves well enough to make their self-reports a basis of scientific research. Until there's hard science behind the definition of asexuality, people will just be blowing it out their ass--even though we all know damned well that there ARE asexuals out there and that WE are asexual and deserve better.

tl;dr it's premature to have a forum on asexuality at all. First, we need a scientifically established definition of asexuality. So let the corrupt incompetents on AVEN piss around with the Kardashianism of a large, inadequately-staffed and poorly-run forum. Retire Apositive and make a fresh start with a newsletter website reviewing hard science research that's relevant to asexuality.

Thanks for being the special person you are. In the entire world of asexuality I didn't meet even ONE other person who was actually competent at running a website.

Mickey

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 25 Nov 2016, 12:56

Hi Nancy, just want to let you know that Ciri still loves you and Apos and everyone at Apos.

She had a massive mental breakdown involving psychosis, depression and hypomania and has been having a really scary time. She's safe though, is on medication and seeing a lot of different professionals to get the Ciri everybody knows and loves back. Hopefully before Christmas so she can go to her family instead of staying at a psych unit.

Love always x
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 25 Nov 2016, 14:46

EEEEP!
[[[[[[Ciri]]]]]]]

Many, many hugs! May your demons be banished both soon and forever. Seriously! 'Need some demon kicking boots? I've got 'em!

And, Michael. All I can say is a HUGE thank you!
I missed you around these parts for a long time, and I'm glad to see you posting once again, even if only occasionally.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 28 Nov 2016, 02:53

PiF told me about this thread - he still reads though doesn't post. Ciri knows (I hope) they can contact me any time on Facebook; I'll always make time for her {{{HUGS}}}
As for why I don't post much - pretty busy with AVEN (again! I know, said I'd never go back) but only for two years :) . Starting an Open University course in February and, of course there's rl and having to earn a living/fit in my exercise classes/dog training
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 29 Nov 2016, 05:19

It's good to see you around, Tan!

The way I see it, this thread is now a week old and has had a grand total of 3 responses. There has been no other input on any of the other sub-forums.
Even Kæth, who was going to start a blog about asexuality, has lost interest - and not just in Apositive, but even in another private forum where many of AVEN's original admods (who are now real-life acquaintances and friends) still hang out and post regularly.
I still come by Apos daily to check for spammers and to see if anything has happened, but I'm losing interest too. I have no interest in hanging out here all by myself.

When it gets right down to it, it's Kæth's money, and if he wants to keep it going then I will try to sweep out the spammers, but I have some much more interesting real-life things to keep me occupied.
I'm pretty sure that, if we decide to close it down, we can back up all of the content and save it before we pull the plug.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 30 Nov 2016, 05:52

*hugs you both* thanks for your support :) We're working towards getting my symptoms sorted before a diagnosis is made.

Perhaps a solution could be a hidden Facebook group where we could all stay in touch? Have acey discussions when they come up etc.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

michaels

Postby michaels » 12 Dec 2016, 09:46

My heart goes out to Ciri, because I've done the psych-ward thing (just once, but once is one time too many). I hope all will go well.

While I did some credible writing on AVEN, which is now inaccessible to me and possibly purged (I have no way to check for my old posts without an account), I don't have a particularly good posting record on Apositive; but others have made quality posts here, so I guess the forum should be archived for posterity.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 12 Dec 2016, 15:22

There are hundreds of very well thought-out and articulate posts here, as well as some great info about the early history of the asexuality movement (such as it is) I would hate to see any of it disappear. Kæth still seems willing to keep us online, so it looks like we'll be around for at least another year.

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”