award-winning commercials

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
michaels

award-winning commercials

Postby michaels » 27 Dec 2016, 12:05

I just saw a compilation of commeercials from around the world that won various prizes at the Cannes film festival in 2016.

The best one won only a bronze. I think it's from Germany, but could be Austria.

Some people are standing in line at night. A woman walks up to them and asks them how long they've been waiting. They tell her about 30 hours, and they're not going to give up. She tells them that she's been waiting seven months for a liver transplant, and isn't going to give up, either. So she offers to keep their place in line for them while they go sign organ donor cards. Then there's a montage of various organ transplant candidates all doing the same thing, either in the same, long lineup or in other ones.

I have a feeling this really happened and just got captured on video or re-enacted afterwards.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: award-winning commercials

Postby KAGU143 » 29 Dec 2016, 05:30

Interesting concept, and a very good idea for a commercial.
I guess it could have happened in real life, although I thought that people who were on the waiting list for transplants would tend to be in frail health, and not suited to standing with crowds of people - some of whom would probably have contagious diseases.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Return to “General Discussions and Fun”