Who are you?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
Mr. Paradox

Who are you?

Postby Mr. Paradox » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

I am Hu on AVEN, formerly a Phil & Poly mod and original project team member. You may have seen me on television with my AVENite girlfriend, winter. We got married recently and now we're Paradoxes. We live in London, where I'm going to grad school. I like to adventure and eat delicious food.
"He cannot, however, long remain asexual when he sees the great peasant girls, as ardent as mares in heat, abandoning themselves to the arms of robust youths."
--Havelock Ellis, Studies in the Psychology of Sex

ceres

Re: Who are you?

Postby ceres » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:44 am

My AVEN name is mindlife.
I joined yesterday, and I am very relieved that this site is here.

70thousandfathoms

Postby 70thousandfathoms » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:46 am

I'm birdnerd, flown in from AVEN, AVENues beta reader and sometime contributor. You may have seen me wandering around Chicago never having quite committed to a meetup, though I remain hopeful.

Jessamyn
Established Member

Postby Jessamyn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:26 am

I'm a bunny, former mod of musirants and announcements and original project team member.

I'm much more of a numbers person than a words person, so I often feel like a bit of an idiot when reading posts made here. I try to keep up, though.
I may be a bunny, but I still have sharp teeth. *gnaws*

Puppy

Postby Puppy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:13 am

I'm Laura Nalle-Vos from AVEN.

I live in Helsinki, Finland. And I'm currently in university, trying to earn bachelor's degree this spring.
It takes a fool to remain sane.

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:19 am

Erm, on AVEN. Take Shelly Long after the show "Cheers." She played a college professor with my real name on a WB series. The show was known as "Kelly Kelly." So, that is my AVEN name.

Jessamyn wrote:I often feel like a bit of an idiot

Me, too, bun. But, we still luvz math. 8)

ghosts

Postby ghosts » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:29 am

I'm ghosts (same on AVEN!). Currently a mod over there. ::shrug:: I guess that's basically it.

Gadfly-in-Chief
Established Member

Postby Gadfly-in-Chief » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:36 am

If I ever figure out who I am, I will decide whether or not to tell anyone.. Meanwhile, there are enough clues around for those who do not already know....... :silence:
Yes, the unexamined life is not worth living. But as a student of logic, you must realize that this does not imply that the examined life is.

Carsonspire

Postby Carsonspire » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:33 am

I'm Carsonspire from AVEN ... easy enough to figure out.

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am

Gadfly-in-Chief wrote:If I ever figure out who I am, I will decide whether or not to tell anyone.. Meanwhile, there are enough clues around for those who do not already know....... :silence:

I sure have a suspicion about who be you. ;)

IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop

Postby IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm

I am a fish. Flop, flop, flop.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm GBRD143, or Greybird, on AVEN. I'm a mod over there but I'm still laying low here.
My avatar over there is a picture of a kagu, and since it is the same basic thing here I decided to use it in my name.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Saiya

Postby Saiya » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm Saiya and was Saiya on Aven as well but it's been a while since i've been there.

Omnes et Nihil
Established Member

Postby Omnes et Nihil » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I tip my hat to the creators of this place, and bid a general greetings to everyone here.

(I am also Omnes et Nihil on AVEN as well, although for the past year I've really only kept up with pamphlet-related discussions, and even before that I didn't post terribly often.)

Emmarainbow
Established Member

Postby Emmarainbow » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Guess who I am on AVEN? :D

I'm still debating whether to have the same picture or not... Hmmm... I could do a new, much better, cheerful self-portrait...

And yay! This forum appears to be doing what I always search for on aven...

Mysteria

Postby Mysteria » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:39 am

I use the same name over on AVEN, and a variation of it most everywhere else on the internet. I've been actively posting lately, but I mostly just lurk over there, if I go over there at all.

Usually because I get bored with the 101 threads, and the negativity towards sex I see in a lot of the posts, I just can't relate to. So I'm really excited about this new community. :mrgreen:

Conri13

Postby Conri13 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi, i'm Allan...not much to say ^_^

pistola

Postby pistola » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:12 pm

i'm noise on AVEN. :)

Fosco

Postby Fosco » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:58 am

Well I'm Fosco here and I'm Fosco at AVEN.
I tend to come and go post wise, but quite often lurk in the background reading what other people have to say. ;)

Charlieee

Postby Charlieee » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:20 pm

I be Charlie, both here, on AVEN, and in my mind. :D

Math is fun. Especially when a good portion of the period is spent deciding which shades of red could be considered red, when a statistics problem involves identifying red books in a library. Oh, the discussion about maroon was too amusing. :lol:

ily

Postby ily » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm

I'm Ily on AVEN, Ily here, and even Ily in "real life". I'm not good at being creative with my online personae. :halo: I have a blog that I like to consider "advanced asexuality" (or at least mid-level!) so I'm interested in seeing what goes on here.

cijay

Postby cijay » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm cijay here and cijay on AVEN...funny how that works. I'm also part of the original media team.

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Postby Noskcaj.Llahsram » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:28 pm

IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop wrote:I am a fish. Flop, flop, flop.

Dude I know (of) you from ye olde i.org, small internet

Any way I'm Noskcaj.Llahsram, everywhere. EVERYWHERE
.... UBIQUITOUS... ubiquitous
What is love? Well, you know that feeling you get when you've been locked in a tiny dark space alone for a year? It's kind of the opposite of that.

Witch of Wapping

Postby Witch of Wapping » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 am

I'm Wordwitch on Aven - thought I'd made that name up, but discover somebody else uses it for writing on the internet, so feel I have it slightly under false pretences.
I'm Cerridwen on the Lesbian Asexuals board.
I always thought I wouldn't have this many names, but now I do, and the Witch of Wapping was a real 17th century healer that lived near where I live in East London and was hanged in the 1650s.
And I'm probably the oldest here (56, if you need to know).
This board is wonderful but you know that. (I just thought it was hard on Aven to keep endlessly saying "We're a broadbased community and experience different things", because Aven had got too big, and it sort of is, but the thread on Aven about this board is proving something or other.)

Spooky

Postby Spooky » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:27 am

It's a secret. ;)

I find that I prefer to start off in forums on a fresh sheet - coming over and saying "I am so-in-so from AVEN" doesn't give me that. It will probably come out in the end if I just act like myself *laughs*, but still.

Gadfly-in-Chief
Established Member

Postby Gadfly-in-Chief » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:11 am

Witch of Wapping wrote:And I'm probably the oldest here (56, if you need to know).

Nope, not quite.
Yes, the unexamined life is not worth living. But as a student of logic, you must realize that this does not imply that the examined life is.

cijay

Postby cijay » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 am

Gadfly-in-Chief wrote:
Witch of Wapping wrote:And I'm probably the oldest here (56, if you need to know).

Nope, not quite.

Is this Bard? *poke poke*

ironwulf

Postby ironwulf » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 am

Well it should be obvious for me as well, I'm IronWulf on AVEN. I do a lot of lurking, some posting. I like the idea of a more scholarly approach to,...well...just about everything. Emotions confuse me. Not that statistics are much better, they can pretty much say whatever anyone wants them to. :worship: (just 'cause I wanted to use it)

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Gadfly-in-Chief wrote:If I ever figure out who I am, I will decide whether or not to tell anyone.. Meanwhile, there are enough clues around for those who do not already know....... :silence:

I was going to say something just like that...except for the part about clues, I haven't left many of those yet.

tangent

Postby tangent » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:27 pm

I participate on AVEN but have been lurking more lately. Probably will lurk here as well.