Heated Facebook debate

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
FalconEagle
Established Member

Heated Facebook debate

Postby FalconEagle » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:14 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebo ... d=14873252

A Des Moines, Iowa, woman has been arrested in an arson attack on the home of a former friend who had quarreled with her and unfriended her on Facebook, according to a published report.

Jennifer Christine Harris, 30, of Des Moines, is being held Thursday at Polk County Jail on $100,000 bond on a charge of first-degree arson, a jail spokeswoman said.

She was arrested after the Oct. 27 fire at the Des Moines home of Jim and Nikki Rasmussen. The early-morning fire broke out in the garage of the Rasmussen's home, police and neighbors said, and led to the collapse of the garage roof.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Heated Facebook debate

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Wow ... 8| That seems pretty over-the-top, even for Facebook.
My number of FB friends is constantly changing. I suspect that I am occasionally being unfriended because I have quit playing some game or other, so it really doesn't worry me.
The few FB friends that I actually know in real life have (so far) stayed with me through thick and thin.

cuttlefish

Postby cuttlefish » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm actually hoping for the eventual demise of facebook. I don't like it as a social networking site. I was really optimistic about google+ but it hasn't worked out. :(
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm

cuttlefish wrote:I'm actually hoping for the eventual demise of facebook. I don't like it as a social networking site. I was really optimistic about google+ but it hasn't worked out. :(

I rather hate it as well, however, I figure it is going to follow the same pattern as pretty much all the social networking sites of the past. It will die when the next big thing comes out. Just like the migration from MySpace to LiveJournal, and the migration from LiveJournal to Facebook. Eventually something will be the next big thing, and everyone will migrate to that. Mind you, the new Facebook will likely, to me at least, be just as annoying and worthless as it and its predecessors.