Beyond Presidential Primaries

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
School Of Fish

Beyond Presidential Primaries

Postby School Of Fish » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 pm

So , big problems that I see facing the USA and the world are as follows:

*A broken foreign policy, in which war is no longer seen as a measure of defense, but as a bargaining chip (aka coersion).
* A diminution of personal liberty
* Increase of government power to surveil it's populace
*Increase in government and corporate power to undermine efforts by citizens to regain political power

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out. Neither Mike Gravel and Ron Paul have won a single state.
The remaining presidential hopefuls in the two main parties are products of a broken system, and their platforms continue to prop up the status quo of corporate rule in some fashion or another.

Beyond voting in the general election, what do you see as being effective political strategies to keep untold death and destruction brought about by failed foreign and domestic policies from occuring?

In short, voting requires to to give your power away to somebody else and hope that they do a good job.

What creative solutions beyond voting do you see to regain your own personal political power?

Mysteria

Re: Beyond Presidential Primaries

Postby Mysteria » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Personally, I think the whole system needs an overhaul. I don't have any solutions, I just know we need some major changes to happen, if we are to have a chance at regaining real influence over our own government. I doubt that will happen. At least not anytime soon.

At this point, I really just want out. Not that Japan is so much better, governmentally speaking (in fact in many ways they're worse), but in terms of lifestyle, I would prefer to live there rather than stay here and deal with all this.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Unfortunately, I lack the funding and engineering expertise for my creative solutions. They are:

1) self sufficient floating island.
2) self sufficient undersea station
3) self sufficient space ship

As you said, School of Fish, under our current system, we give power to our elected officials, and they aren't going to relinquish that power. The system is broken, and quite honestly, I believe the only way to fix it is to tear it down and build it again. And I believe the only way to do that is through violence. Of course, I don't believe it would be possible to rally up enough people to not be easily and effortlessly squashed, not to mention with the way things are going, this very post probably qualifies as terroristic, so away I go to Guantanimo.

Oooooh, two buzzwords, the bots are probably sending this off for processing. Dear processors, f*ck you.

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Dargon wrote:...this very post probably qualifies as terroristic, so away I go to Guantanimo.

You'll be missed. Make sure to post pictures of you and your cellmate.

Gadfly-in-Chief
Established Member

Postby Gadfly-in-Chief » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Our primary is Tuesday, and Imma gonna Ba-rock the vote.........
Yes, the unexamined life is not worth living. But as a student of logic, you must realize that this does not imply that the examined life is.

ily

Postby ily » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:19 am

Gadfly-in-Chief wrote:Our primary is Tuesday, and Imma gonna Ba-rock the vote.........

Hee, I already did. :D He's not perfect by any means, but at least he's relatively new blood...which I think we sorely need.
(Obama yo mama! :dance: )

luvinmomofone1

Postby luvinmomofone1 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:40 pm

i dont care for anyone that is running in this election this time around nor the last 3! i am voting independant again this year, all the poitics are ways to corrupion at the sake of our lived. the rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer and the middle class is dissapearing altogether. i think this whole govt. is shit, we need new political parties no more of this democrat and repulican mudsling and mis use! this subject really makes me boil, the prez has admitted he gave teh cia permission to torture those prisoners in guatnemo bay and noone will arest him cause hes the president and has immunity or some shit and can pardon himself out of jail. hes a warmonger and for oil and the money that comes from it. if we didnt have all his bullshite then we wouldnt have all this inflation of prices! its ridiculous. i am very liberal and lean alot to the left not all but alot! .its no fair that we can only pic for who they want us to choose from and not get someone more honset in the presidency, one that actually cares for the people. in my sons time or my grandkids tim i belive there will be anther civil war, the poor are gonna uprise against the rich and stop being 2nd class and always late. it would be easier if we just had one class, the middle class..lol they have nice stuff but they are not poor or rich...just inbetween...just my opinion tho..i am just good like that...lmao