the NFL playoffs

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
michaels

the NFL playoffs

Postby michaels » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 am

Is anyone following the NFL playoffs?

I've been a Joe Flacco fan since he was a rookie, so I'm cheering for the Ravens, but have to sadly admit that Flacco will never lead them to the Superbowl because he just doesn't have what it takes. This past season was particularly subpar for him and the Ravens have been forced to rely heavily on the running game. So I'll be watching the matchup today but am not optimistic.

fridayoak

Re: the NFL playoffs

Postby fridayoak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 am

I watched most of them (wasn't able to catch the 2nd half of the Ravens match unfortunately but saw all the rest bar the 2nd half of the Pats match which wasn't worth staying up for).

I don't follow a particular team but enjoy watching it, the Saints@ 49ers game was fantastic entertainment especially the last few minutes. It will be interesting to see if any of the other teams left with their big defences can stop Brady et al.

michaels

Re: the NFL playoffs

Postby michaels » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 am

I feel sorry for Brady because he has Boston-area people as his fans. New Yorkers are narcissists, so at least they have a medical diagnosis excusing their behavior, but Bostonians aren't mentally ill, they're just obnoxious. My criterion of how much of the rest of the playoffs I watch, including the superbowl, will be the extent to which the Patriots are NOT winning. Brady's genius cannot compensate for the consummate trashiness of his fans.