Ciri's Shitty Blog [Dead]

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
Ciri
Mega Member

Re: Ciri's Shitty Blog [Dead]

Postby Ciri » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am

Eh I'm over it. I have terrible peripheral vision in one eye, I have the same eye condition as my father (and have had undiagnosed since birth), my father is going blind because of it. Worst case scenario is I'll go blind eventually ~ there are so many places and things I want to see first. Best case scenario is how it is at present: one eye is pretty bad, the other is bad for other reasons, I have to wear glasses all the time minus bed and bath for the rest of my life.

I'll be fine. It's just a kick in the teeth that I've spent at least £1000 on reading glasses I didn't need. And I've been to 3 different opticians and the Eye Emergency Unit (for the exact problem that happens to have worsened since then!) and none of them picked up on it.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 pm

I recently transferred to the Blood Tranfusion Lab. On the plus side, this has given me an insight into the hospital and the things nurses and doctors face on a daily basis. I can't go into detail because patient confidentiality, but I've seen things. Things that will probably haunt me for a long time. It has opened up in me levels of compassion and empathy that I have long locked away and never dreamed I was still capable of.

There's nothing glamourous in being a doctor.
No glory in delivering devastating news to the parents of children and babies.
Nothing heroic in locking up every emotion so you don't scare your patient.

The only thing they can do is learn from their losses and not forget the people they haven't been able to save and celebrate those they have helped. And if they couldn't help them live, then help them find peace and comfort in their last moments.

So why has this just made me more determined to get there?

I think I understand now.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:50 am

Horroble things happen, you rarely forget but over time you will find a way to manage it better if you feel it's what you want....I think your doing ok :clap:

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

It's going well. I'm able to manage it better now, still see some shocking things though.

I'm getting a puppy from a rescue, his name is Fin, he's a 7week old german shepherd pup. He's been separated from his mother so he's latching onto the nearest person willing to snuggle him. He's a giant ball of fluff at the moment. I think Bailey will enjoy his playmate. Pics later.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:53 am

Good it's going well

not another shepherrrdddddd lol

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:33 am

On Thursday, I found myself as the mother of a very young puppy. I'm pretty sure the age I originally stated was wrong because he doesn't have the physical development of a 3 month old puppy. My guesstimate is that he is 9 weeks old.

He's a gorgeous and very friendly little boy that hasn't quite got the grip of potty training yet. We're getting as far as him running towards the door in my parents house and not making it. In my flat, he'll go just fine, we've had one accident and that was at my back door. Last night he slept from 9pm right round to 6am without waking me up. Food time is a problem, the problem is that I would like to retain my fingers but he's a bit too enthusiastic...I nearly needed stitches.

I'm happy, it's giving me a type of responsibility I've never really known before. So far it's going pretty well.

Pics in a bit.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:49 am

Teach it to bite mick in the nutsack :lol:

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 am

Aven Rant Alert

Yet another forum created, this one wasn't properly advertised so the voting turnout was pretty low. Not only that but this all happened amongst the hish hash of the site experiencing downtime and the way this has happened combined with the mod post detailing forum 'rules' confirms to me that this is a knee jerk reaction to social justice assholes.

The best part of this is the people who threatened to make my (h)aven content go viral, now have a nice safe and secure place to post with full on rules to cater to their disillusioned thought process. But, hey, I'm currently banned from (h)aven for NO FUCKING REASON and the only way I can ever have access again is by a unanimous vote by those with access already.

Way to show that you loyalties lie with the abusive douchebags who caused you more problems than I ever did.

f*ck you.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 am

Blimey, they are only 1 step away from Mien Kampf...Ya ya you vill do as I say even when everyone knows I am vrong..yayaya

I often have asked..why if we are trying to raise publicity for asexuality .....why does Aven they hide so much of what they do?

This is due to a small elite that would be called out by more than just members...ooo and the latest asexual variation issssssssss ???? ....who knows to be honest but most new forums within Aven tend to be private babies of existing mods/admins who when they get it... suddenly turn into judge dredd ...I am the law!!!!

if you say hey..hold on a minute that has nothing to do with asexuality then they introduce new rules upon rules with such a wide rangeing scope based on coulda woulda mighta have etc that they can ban, punish, warn or shut any member down within seconds due to the incredibly vague addendum's to suit a rather undemocratic purpose

The majority of Aven mods/admins are a joke and are like politicians..forgetting they were appointed to do the best for those that voted them in but instead like most politicians they have transgressed into ..we are the authority..we know what is good for you and you will be told or else. As a safe place we are now more at threat from the very people who WE voted in to improve asexuality for asexuals..they simply do not represent us anymore with most, not all..looking down on us

Ahh PiF's ranting again some will say ..to those I offer this...I have pissed a lot of them off because they are so insecure that now as mods/admins ...they fear that should they ever go into a re-election for position vote...most would not get back in...insecure people always fear losing power...they only tell you that they care to get into the back room, once they are in...most look down on members as simpletons who do not known their own mind...like sheep

I remind them that aven was meant for asexuals and for EVERYONE to have a point of view even if you did not agree with it but they fear that..they think they are there for us but most of the time a new rule is introduced almost every other weeks restricting members ability to be open and have different views

Don't believe they have become a hatefull dictatorship who believes you are to simple to understand but only they do?

Then I'll ask one question...mods and admins point blank refuse to have their roles limited to two years before running for re-election...and yet the project team does have a 2 year time limit before running for re-election again...why do the mods and admins think they are better than the project team?
Last edited by PiF on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 am

All they're doing us isolating their members while trying to score browny points from a community of parts whose idea of 'educating' is to harrass somebody in real life until they lose everything.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:33 am

As a safe place for asexuals aven has lost it's way, selling out to any tom dick or harry and in that it does a great disservice to those of us who are asexual rather than the ice bucket challenge types who see it as the latest must do on the internet

It will peak then fade just as facebook is doing but fade even more given our limited numbers of true asexuals. Avens hierarchy will then look back and should say...I can recognise the point point in time we lost our way as a resource for asexuals...and the points we changed the rules to isolate asexuals when they said hey....that aint right. Look at the latest rule change that allows them to ban members they suspect "might be" a security risk to aven.

It is an american symphony of might, could, maybe, to use as scare tactics and a disstastefull attempt at controlling the members mod election processes for those who are genuine members who have committed no tos breach but the back room collective of those afraid to lose power..then seek to manipulate who they want...wasn't aven about members running and members choosing?...if aven does claim to be a safe place then how does that fit in with judging people guilty when they have not committed an offence???...I don't like them so lets ban them from running for election smacks of nothing more than removing a valid members right to run and every members right to vote for them

As a forum for asexuals they have lost their way and forgotten there are other forums for the new introductions they are pushing on us...as a body that was voted in by the members to represent the members..they have become politicians who feel the electorate are to stupid to know what they want..ergo..more rule changes than I have ever known in aven

this will come back to bite them in the ass but by then the damage to asexuality would have already been unrecoverable which saddens me that people who pledged to treat everyone equally and do the best for aven and its members...have now become nothing more than insecure self serving beaurocrats

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 am

I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past week or so.

I'm feeling very...restless.

Early on during the week, I watched a documentary called A Day in Auschwitz. Naturally, I found it moving. It got me thinking that so many horrific things have happened in the world where in comparison, I've been looking out of the rose tinted windows in my nice safe house. I've complained a lot about my parents, but through every argument we have had: they have let me live in a room of my own in their house rent free. I'm 24, many get kicked out before that. I know that I will never be left homeless. So many people throughout the world do not have that stability.

I need a wake up call. I want to go and see other places around the world to see their struggles. I want to learn about their history and culture. And I would love to be able to go out to an impoverised country and volunteer out there.

If I studied Medicine, I wouldn't be able to do that. It would overtake every part of my life. My job would become my life and I have realised that your job/profession isn't supposed to be your everything. So I am going to go into Nursing or become a Theatre Practitioner instead, get a decent wage (starting point is a £1400 take home monthly) so I can do what I want. I'll be able to use my nursing skills to help overseas and live the lifestyle that I want instead of the lifestyle my parents are trying to tie me to. I don't want to be tied down in the same way that they enjoy.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 am

Ciri ....I am a fan, :clap: :clap:

Many diss their parents despite many of their parents putting them through uni and letting them stay at home rent and food free, It takes a big person to say...you know what...things aint so bad really

your right in seeking a compromise.....you will always need a job as they never give free money...unless Michael wants to be your sugar daddy :lol: ...so combining a career, travelling and doing good? Get that medical qualification and you can travel pretty much any where around the world wether it be as a paid job or even a volunteer?

Some of the medics I've worked with have seen horrible things but they realise the specific role we had means we would...but...they often would do 6 months paid then 6 months volunteering around the globe helping those who would never be able to afford even the most basic medical assistance. Many of the world wide charities are always asking for volunteer medics/medical assistants/nurses for gap events

You can study medicine and make a difference and travel...the world is your lobster.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

PiF said it all - take control of your life and you'll get double the benefits. Go for it :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 am

Pif, you got declassified! :D Congratulations :p

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/5904 ... -member-1/

Tan, you slapped him?? xD

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 am

Yuuuuuppppp :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRM2OENl2jk

"You're not Gibbs, you do that again and you'll be wearing that salad!" :lol:
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 am

Apologies for the absence, I had to bring a friend home.

Now, Ciri where did you find that? that refferes to a discussion on a warning, I can't find it?

I have asked for my August 2014 banning to be declassified and am waiting for a reply on that as I know...given they say I broke the tos....their own tos states declassification should happen after 1 month...this is shown when it was updated from 3 to 1 months

As to Mandie, yeah I think Tan and LG asked me to call him? mandlewriter and not mandi and when I did, he changed his? name to lord happy toast...no pleasing some people but I often shorten peoples long names and this is a constant so would have been easily seen as such and not as an individual attack :hmph:

On those occcasions I have backed down a bit it has normally been through those mods who know how to mod rather than those who have become all snowflake and prissy...those good mods know how to speak many languages and not just snowflake..had those other mods had better people skills then they may have achieved a better ability to communicate within even the most difficult but well intentioned persons such as myself...communication is very much a two way thing. LG Nancy and Tan have shown it can be done, hell even beardy weirdo is halfway there :P

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:21 pm

PiF wrote:Now, Ciri where did you find that? that refferes to a discussion on a warning, I can't find it?

That's cuz that particular warning never happened. It was voted against as the declassified thread shows.

PiF wrote:As to Mandie,

Actually you always called him mandLe, with an L. As I just said to Ciri, sounds a bit like the Mandelbrot setbut without the bread...

PiF wrote:hell even beardy weirdo is halfway there :P

Must be two of those around then... :-p

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 pm

flergalwit wrote:
PiF wrote:

Actually you always called him mandLe, with an L. As I just said to Ciri, sounds a bit like the Mandelbrot setbut without the bread...

Guess you needed to be there to understand that one...I followed the link and still don't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 am

shhhhh Tan, Michaels a mathmetician .....exact to 0.0 one minute and "spectrum fluid" the next ....gives him phases of..... confusion,,,,I normally just humour him :lol:

Actually I'm pretty sure it was Mandie but reading that thread reminded me of a few things, It kinda proves my point on Kelly, I am pretty sure as soon as my names is mentioned her approach is..ban him!!...what do you mean what's he done? does it matter just ban him..add to that the likes of amcam and a few others and you can see why any vote around me is pretty much prejudged by a few...they are entitled too of course...but to hold a role and say they judge every situation and member on it's own merit is kinda..well lying and you stand in role claiming impartiality but they are more full of hatred than any person who made a report.

It was for this reason and this reason alone that I kept trying to push the two year limit for mods and admins so they came in line with the project team, to stop these personal vendettas by those in positions of impartiality and allowing them to take an official step back and review if they are a positive anymore to that impartiality.

The shock for them will be the npo if that ever happens, they can't treat it like their personal playground anymore but they can now be held personally accountable for their actions..for some that means if litigation is needed...ALL records must be submitted...the npo isn't the one sided thing they think it is and a few should question wether they could stand upto that scrutiny.

I still don't get mandlebrot set...but then I don't have a beard :lol:

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:28 am

PiF wrote:shhhhh Tan, Michaels a mathmetician .....exact to 0.0 one minute and "spectrum fluid" the next ....gives him phases of..... confusion,,,,I normally just humour him :lol:

Mathematicians deal with continuous - or "grey"/"spectrum" - quantities all the time. There's nothing imprecise about it.

PiF wrote:The shock for them will be the npo if that ever happens, they can't treat it like their personal playground anymore but they can now be held personally accountable for their actions..for some that means if litigation is needed...ALL records must be submitted...the npo isn't the one sided thing they think it is and a few should question wether they could stand upto that scrutiny.

I'm sorry to say that AVEN becoming an NPO doesn't mean what you think it does. The job of the board of directors isn't to hold the teams to account but to provide a framework for them - a bit like the relationship between the wikimedia foundation and the various wikis. The board would likely get involved if the teams were doing something illegal, but that's not the case here to my knowledge.

I'm making a case for your thread to be declassed but not for any legal reason; I just think time is better spent on declassed threads that people actually want rather than those no-one will read.

PiF wrote:I still don't get mandlebrot set...but then I don't have a beard :lol:

Ahhh you should download FRACTINT sometime - hours of fun exploring fractals. (I played with it back in the days of the DOS PC. Haven't used it in a while.)

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 am

It's my understanding that whatever can be declassified must be and there are fairly specific reasons for something to remain 'hidden from public view'.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:36 am

I'm going to open a thread in regards to avens npo seperately as I don't want Ciri accusing me of Hijacking her thread and she lik my face with the same tongue she kisses her dogs with :P

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 am

You know how your world crashes down around you and you become stuck in a spiral of tragic irony?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:42 am

I did see your status update and was unsure whether to pm you? What's up? Here or pm ...I will check in from time to time this evening just incase

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:53 pm

O.O?????? What happened??

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:09 am

OI gsdgrprcbccss owner..lol sounds like a new lgbt acronym....but transbread cacti will know what that means...open your pms

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Dunno if it's just how rough and in pain I felt today but my coworkers are twats and today was the first day I've ever felt close to walking out.

If any of them think I'm working on that section again over the next few weeks, they have anything thing coming.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:31 pm

work mates are like family..in fact you probably spend more time with work colleagues on a direct closeness than familly...it also explains why they get on your tits after a while.

Thing about walking out...only ever do it when you have another job to go to...your puppy depends on dem food vouchers called pound notes

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:08 am

I wont be around for a bit. This morning my grandfather was taken into A+E and is now in intensive care.