Greetings... AVEN took my soul so..

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Lord Grep

Greetings... AVEN took my soul so..

Postby Lord Grep » 09 Dec 2016, 21:10

Hello Goodly people and what seems like the "There has to be SOMETHING else" community.

Well..... I like this place... Built on something open source, and not some off the shelf unwieldy lump. Good old phpBB..

SO Hi... The name is obvious..

I guess I am here because bashing my head against a brick wall occasionally gets to a point where one will break, and I am a realist. I doubt the wall will go anywhere.

I have not yet been banned from AVEN, though I get the feeling something will give some time soon. I just got suspended from chat for 3 days for translating something funny in to german so that a german friend (one of only 4 people in the chat) could see it. Well, one of the people in chat was an admin, and although I apologised at the time, seems a joke is treason! *Grin* I don't even know what it translated to.. bet never mind..

I am a rationalist, atheist, skeptic, and an egalitarian. I don't mind opinion, though I get cross when I put the effort into making a point with citations etc, and people ignore all the work and just call me wrong, or some term of abuse.

Any way... To show you I am not all whiney and sullen, I will draw you something cute!
(\___/)
(=^.^=)
(")__(")

Nope I cant make that work... Meh... not my day..., someone cheer me up PLEASE *grin*

Anyone know of a good place to chat with ace folk, IRC, or the like?

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Greetings... AVEN took my soul so..

Postby KAGU143 » 10 Dec 2016, 04:57

Hi, m'Lord Grep, and welcome to Apositive. :)

A rationalist, Atheist, skeptic and egalitarian? You will fit right in!
And cranky opinions are always welcome - just try to focus any disparaging comments on the topic, not the other posters, and you will be fine. I even allow profanity (although I'm not real crazy about it) as long as it isn't racist, sexist or etc. In other words, kick back, relax, and be yourself!
Our members are cherished, respected, and treated as adults.

Alas . . . I don't know of any other Ace-based chats aside from AVEN's, and their rules are . . . well, you already know. :roll:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Lord Grep

Postby Lord Grep » 10 Dec 2016, 10:10

No need to worry goodly sir(or madam, or other).
I only ever get personal if I am responding to something personal. Well.. I try...
I'll keep in mind you're feelings about language. I do enjoy bad language but I know how to be civilised.
Thank's for having me...

Wut No Cake?

*feels the punch coming and ducks*

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 11 Dec 2016, 07:59

Now serving both punch AND ducks! (An assortment of alcoholic products are available on the side, so feel free to supplement the punch with your favorite. This is a grown up forum, after all. :) )

What?!? You don't like ducks?!?? I can put diapers on them if that would help, but then they act so embarrassed, poor things . . .
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

michaels

Postby michaels » 14 Dec 2016, 13:53

Lord Grep wrote:I am a rationalist, atheist, skeptic, and an egalitarian.

Holy smokes, I've been cloned! haha

Not really. Not unless you, like me, also have borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, features of Asperger Syndrome, schizophrenia, schizoid personality disorder, and features of Tourette's Syndrome.

You don't? I'm glad. Six major mental health diagnoses is not fun.

But being a rationalist, atheist, skeptic and egalitarian IS fun! :D

Welcome to this little corner of the world.

Mickey

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 26 Dec 2016, 06:59

Well I'm an atheist, rationalist and a skeptic haha.
Hey, maybe we can make an ace discord group though time zones might screw it up.

Lord Grep

Postby Lord Grep » 15 Mar 2017, 13:18

CatBunny wrote:Well I'm an atheist, rationalist and a skeptic haha.
Hey, maybe we can make an ace discord group though time zones might screw it up.

Yeah, people have mentioned discord to me a few times. Isn't it gamer orientated?

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 18 Mar 2017, 07:21

Yeah, people have mentioned discord to me a few times. Isn't it gamer orientated?

No, not that I know of. Everyones replacing it with skype now and is used for everything outside of games. I guess skype is becoming old news.

Return to “Introductions”