What a long, strange trip it's been.

Site-wide announcements. If we need to know it, post it here.
KAGU143
Administrator

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Well folks, the traffic at Apositive has gradually declined until we've only been getting about 1 post per month for the past few months.
At the same time, our hosting service keeps raising the rates and they've roughly quadrupled from just a few years ago.
(We're not asking for money - just looking at cost vs value.)

It looks like it might finally be time to turn off the lights. Tomorrow will mark Apositive's 10 year anniversary, so we've had a pretty good run for such a small message board, but all things have to end at some point. It's been fun, and I'm going to miss the place.

All of the site's data has been saved in case we decide to try it again in the future, possibly with a different focus, but there are no plans to do so right now.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Ciri
Mega Member

Re: What a long, strange trip it's been.

Postby Ciri » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Bye bye Nancy :<
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 pm

As it turns out, we will be here until roughly this time next year, although if nothing changes that will be it. We decided to keep the domain name (again, "just in case") because by itself it isn't very costly, and when Kæth finally managed to get GoDaddy to respond they admitted that we are already paid up until 2019. Nice of them to admit that, eh?
So ... yay?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny

Postby CatBunny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Maybe you can create a discord server and post it here? At least discord doesn't make you pay and more people use that than forums nowadays... I don't know if that helps.
(・×・)